Gigging In Port O'Connor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging In Port O'Connor

Heading down to the camp in POC tomorrow so I thought I'd beat the heat by doing some gigging. I called up Capt. Shawn Harvey and I'll be meeting up with him at the Fishing Center tomorrow night, hope to have something to report along with pic's when I get back.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Good luck Willie and take pictures.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Hope the winds or increased tides don't give you the fits. Good luck and be careful.

Comment

Good Luck...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Ever notice how people say "good luck" when someone mentions they are about to go gigging? LOL!
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Had a good trip but Capt. Shawn Harvey worked his tail off just so we could get our limit's. Water clarity was pretty bad due to all the different directions the wind blew in yesterday but he never gave up looking for good water. We worked some area's that I wade sometime's and I never realized just how many stingrays there are in in that area, make's you think twice before jumping out of the boat. It turned out to be a good night.

Attached Files
            A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Sweet!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Way to put em on em Harvey, ahoy!

Comment

Shaun did a great job, also had great time, thought I seen that tag redfish but only gig flounder, lots of reds.It was fun trip and will do it again. Cooking stuffed flounder tonight.

Comment

Nice trip! Thanks for the pix!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

looks like some good ones.
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

They look pretty fat to me.

Comment

Nice going on the flounder. People don't realize how many stingrays are out there until you go gigging at night and can see all the cridders in the water. Sounds like you had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                          X