7/3/11 35 miles out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/3/11 35 miles out

Cleared SLP at 7:45 Sunday-boat was spota be full-brother, sig. other's son and me-at 6 I woke the son up, he was up all nite with sick daughter, so he said he aint going. Saturday got a call from Milkjug, but was at brother's house in Sea isle (no reception and didn't notice missed call and message until late saturday night (Sorry Yan), so me and brother headed out early sunday without Jake. Hit GA 301 and weedline near it-water was green at weedline-only saw tripletails it it. Tried chumming it, throwing and trolling it-no dorados home. Moved to 301-no traffic, drifted a few drifts, dink snaps, set out flat line and king hit and popped line. Started a troll, brother set out jointed rapala-while dropping it out, king hit it-he tightened lever drag and pow-lost a $10 lure-so far he's lost two lines. Moved south towards 350 (baby bucs) and hit weedline in 72' of water-dorados were home-brother drops live piggy and lands a nice 15# bull, several more below-end up with 4 dorado. After an hour, moved to 353-drifted and again dink snapper-no other boats until a twin vee pulls up-saw them catch a nice mangrove off sw leg. We caught a king and again trolled and brother lost another rapala. I dropped a rapala down and got a king-was 2 pm-headed in. Port motor acted up at San Luis pass-glad it didn't act up when at 353. 4 dorado, 2 kings, lost 3 kings and had several misses on trolled minnows-one shot 5' in air and then went back and hit line again. Color change to blue at about 26 miles.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

thanks for the report

Comment

Nice report.Congratson the catch
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

great report and nice dolphin! Love those guys...
        sigpic

Comment

Awesome report!

Comment

Nice work Jerry! I'd like to see one of those mahi some day, I hear the are lit up with color when you get them in.

Comment

Great report Jerry! My phone never rang....lol
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sorry Chip-neither did Yan's. I woulda taken Yan had I known the son was not going-he called me to see if and when I was going-sick babies are no fun-Mona got the crud Sunday and I'll prolly get it this week. .
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  Sorry Chip-neither did Yan's. I woulda taken Yan had I known the son was not going-he called me to see if and when I was going-sick babies are no fun-Mona got the crud Sunday and I'll prolly get it this week. .
                  Let me know if you need another hand sometime. I have never been offshore and would love to get out there and see what it is all about!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice trip Jerry....its good to hear that good sized dorado have moved inshore, but catching snapper has been tough on us this year also. We're hoping to get out and meat haul this weekend, so look for a report.

Comment

nice job Jerry, glad you could make it out. sorry it took so long to respond, I have been without internet

Comment

Working...
                      X