Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Connections Fishing Event July 16th

Hello to all,

My Brother and his wife help run Urban Connection out of San Antonio which is a non profit christian based youth program for inner city kids. They would like to bring a group of kids to our area for a half day, Saturday morning July 16th, fishing tournament. They would like to bring 12-14 kids ageing from 13-15. We need help getting boats and "guides" that would be willing to take some of the kids out fishing the local area waters for some red fish and trout. I already have 3 boats committed to taking kids out and would like to get possibly five more. That would put it at two kids per boat with one adult from Urban Connection as a ride along to help with whatever is necessary. Fishing poles and licenses will be provided and possibly gas for the boats as well. Our main goal is to let these kids experience something that is totally new to them and get them more interested in the outdoor lifestyle. Many of the children that Urban Connections supports never get to leave their own neighbor hood in inner city San Antonio much less get to participate in an activity like this. I have personally taken several groups on various hunting and fishing adventures and they could not be more enthusiastic or appreciative. I was not sure if your group participated in any local charity events or did anything like this but I would be extremely grateful if you would pass this information along to some of the groups that have been participating in your tournaments and see if they would be willing to volunteer some of their time for a great cause. Once again we would like to have the tournament on July 16th from sunrise till about noon. Afterwards BBQ will be provided. If you have any questionsand are interested in helping out, please do not hesitate to give me a call at (325) 669-2675.

Thanks,

Andy Hill

Good luck with the tournament, make sure you post up lots of pictures.

Comment

I think I forgot to mention that this event is going to be held on Sabine Lake and the surrounding areas, i.e. intercostal, jetties, marshes etc. It will be up to the boat captain to decide where they would like to go. We will meet Saturday morning the 16th at my house in Bridge City and the weigh in will also be at the house when everyone finishes up.

Thanks again,

Andy Hill

Comment

This is a great thing and I hope to see some of our locals take some kids fishing. I will see what I can get rounded up for you Andy as far as boats/guides go. Im sure there are some folks in Triangle Tail Chasers that would like to get involved.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SE TX Fishing 2011 043.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	554616Click image for larger version

Name:	SE TX Fishing 2011 037.JPG
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	554615Click image for larger version

Name:	UCOA Fish 2011 052.JPG
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	554614Click image for larger version

Name:	SE TX Fishing 2011 039.JPG
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	554613Click image for larger version

Name:	SE TX Fishing 2011 053.JPG
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	554612Click image for larger version

Name:	SE TX Fishing 2011 030.JPG
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	554611Click image for larger version

Name:	UCOA Fishing 2011 113.JPG
Size:	4.80 MB
ID:	554610Click image for larger version

Name:	SE TX Fishing 2011 015.JPG
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	554609Click image for larger version

Name:	UCOA Fish 2011 044.JPG
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	554608Click image for larger version

Name:	SE TX Fishing 2011 041.JPG
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	554607

Comment

A HUGE thanks goes out to all who participated in the Urban Connection Fishing Tournament last weekend on Sabine Lake. The Orange CCA, Triangle Tail Chasers, Christian Surf Fishing Adventures, Chester Moore Outdoors and many others all made this a very worth while experience for both the kids and the adults. The weather was not perfect but we stuck it out and gave the kids an experience that they will not soon forget. We are planning on making this an annual event so next year we will have another hopefully with even more kids! Thanks again to everyone for helping get the word out and all of your help in making this possible. Good luck to all out on the water.

A. Hill

Comment

Working...
            X