• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Beautiful Morning Indeed!

Time: 5:30am
    Place Galveston
    Wind: none to light/Variable
    Visibility:2'-3'
    Tackle: 7'6" H2O Texas Slam Spinning Rod/Shimano Saros 4000- 10lb. DuraCast TuffLine
    Lure: Bone Super Spook Jr./ Pumpkin-Chartreuse SWA

Walked in to an incredible sunrise at about 5:30 this morning. Not a whole lot of bait everywhere, which is actually a good thing. Caught a 17" Speck just as the sun popped over a cloud bank on the SWA. Did not catch anything for a while but the blow ups on top kept me interested. Lost one on top and fish kept flying over the lure. Went back to the SWA and nada. A light breeze began to ripple the surface of the water just a bit. Switched backed to the bone spook and on the third cast, I twitched it twice a SWOOSH! Looked like a five gallon bucket full of cement hit the water. The drag started ripping and I thought it was a big red. She turned to the left and I knew it was a trout. She came up and shook her head and I knew it was a big trout. She walked me in a circle came up to the top and swam head first into the net. My personal best trout! A gentleman named Richard was fishing next to me. He allowed me to put the fish in his yak to measure her. We figured between 29" and 30". We could not be exact using the rodmarks for measuring. I figured I better get her weighed quickly. I walked out, calmly answered questions from the kayak school folks, let them take some pics of the fish, and got the heck outta there.Went to the yacht basin and Mr. Raymond weighed and measured my fish for the STAR. He was a really nice guy and all the guys buying bait were really cool about the whole thing. The new standings for the Star will be updated next week. If no one else catches one bigger, i'm in first. Pretty cool. Don't worry, I'm not trying to find storage for the boat yet, we have a LONG way to go before Labor Day! Wow! What a morning!

29"- 9lbs. 3oz.
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

What a monster! Congratulations on a beautiful trout!!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Congratulations, Moe!! That is one big feech!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations on the fish. I am jealous!

Comment

Awesome Job Moe!!! Congrats again!!

Comment

thats a nice one!!!
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Excellent fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hell of a fish....congrats

Comment

Yeah! And he caught it on 10# test! Incredible!!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

You're NUMBER ONE!!! WTG Moe-nice pic also!!!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

GO MOE ,Good One !!!
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

That is a pig Moe....u r d man!
                              sigpic
                              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                              X