Power Pro break offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Pro break offs

I've really been enjoying using braid, but today I had some problems with my power pro. Twice it broke off while casting. The first time I wrote it off to a wind knot or weak spot. The second time there was no excuse. Has anyone else had problems with power pro breaking off for no apparent reason. It's less than 6 months old and I haven't been fishing much because of the windy Spring.
    Thanks,
    Curmudgeon
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

I have had that happen to me also & I took some line off the spool & it does not happen as often. I sometimes think it has to do with the line cutting into itself when backlashing & making weak spots. It seems to not have that problem when I dont backlash.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

I thought that was the problem with me also but it turns out it was the knot i was using. There are very few knots that work with braid. The one i use now is the double polomar knot. I thought the line was breaking because it was straight at the tip with no twists or line memory but then i put it together that my knot was slipping. Looked online and there are some sights that explain what knots can be used in braid. Don't know if that the problem your having but my braid doesn't come undone anymore.

Comment

I was using a topwater once when my line broke off, got topwater back & it has about a foot & a half line still on it.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

I had a She-Dog break off last night. It had about 25 feet of line still on it. Dawg, I'm guessing you're right about the backlashes. I was casting into 10-12 knot winds.

Comment

My brother in-law had that problem with PP, I use Fins windtamer, it never gets flat (no backlash ) and I've never had a problem with a break off, he switched

Comment

I may have to switch brands. I love braid, but I can't have the line breaking like that. I lost a Corky almost lost that she-dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                My brother in-law had that problem with PP, I use Fins windtamer, it never gets flat (no backlash ) and I've never had a problem with a break off, he switched
                Me too!! Great line
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Also check your eyes. If your rod eyes are wearing out or have grooves it could be cutting your braid.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                    Also check your eyes. If your rod eyes are wearing out or have grooves it could be cutting your braid.
                    Thanks for the suggestion, but they're smooth as silk.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                      Me too!! Great line
                      Me 3.....Windtamer is the best!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

BTW sneekypete knows where to get FINS
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Sorry dude I use Mono
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                          X