Have Waders...Will travel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have Waders...Will travel!

Hey yall, me and a buddy have been hitting the seawall rock groins and the east end of seawall pretty regularly lately, almost every day, with little to no results. It’s getting to be pretty annoying and we’re wasting a lot of time basically. I was just wondering if there were some more consistent spots, from shore, anywhere from SLP to Bolivar, Bayside or Gulf side. Am willing to try anywhere at this point. Being skunked every day pretty much sucks!

Also does anyone know what the plans are for the 89st fishing pier? I saw new construction on it yesterday, are they planning on extending it out to it's original length?

Edit: Nevermind, Google is a wonderful thing, found their website here: http://galvestonfishingpier.com/

Comment

Take advantage of the surf being so flat. Just wade out with artificial or live shrimp. I fished the surf Wed at surfside and kept 14 specs

Comment

I think you have a typo sir...the limit is 10... Popping Cork or bottom?

Comment

Haha i know what the limit is, it was me and a friend. We kept those and a few big sandys and under a popping cork. All were from 15 to 20 in

Comment

I figured you did...:P I waded the guts in front of the Hi5 beach shop on seawall a couple days ago, I caught two decent sandys on live mullet freelined. There were several other guys in the same area, one guy was slaying the specs on live croaker. I didn't catch a single spec in like 2 hours. It was weird, maybe he was near a washout or something or the specs prefer live croaker?? Who knows, if the weather's good this Saturday or Sunday I'll be back out there or Surfside. Thanks for the info.

Comment

sometimes you have to try everything before finding out what they want.they were hitting top waters yesterday and plastics today.the live shrimp guys were doing good to today not so good yesterday.the fish were a lot bigger yesterday to,all dinks this morning.try to find the runouts between the sandbars.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks SS, great info, and I knew this for the most part. I just need some good spots, feel free to PM me your "honey holes", your secret spots will be well guarded...

Comment

I'm happy and envious for you guys that can fish when the surf is wadeable. My first chance will be Saturday and the forecast is 3-5 ft. I have not had the Gods on my side for months. I usually go off the rock groins by the pilings west of 61st St., but I've learned after a few scars it's a loosing battle in the waves. One thing I know is to wear the rays guards. Not just for protection from the rays but protection from the rocks when you try to get out and get hammered into the rocks.
                  I've got Friday on my mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X