E. Beach Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E. Beach Report

Went out to fish the S. Jetty last week.

Got out around 5:30am and was greeted by the sounds of lound tejano and groups of late-night partiers dancing away.

Parked and unloaded. Went to get my headlamp and saw just how lucky I had been. I was unloading in a minefield of dirty diapers, and hadn't stepped on one.

Moved the stuff to the water and decided to take a pic of the pristine launch site.

Disgusting how many piles of trash there were on the beach. Not just a can here and there, but whole cases of empties and trash in piles.

The tejano music faded away as I paddled out pass the crosswave area and to the rocks.

Started cutting drifts along the rocks with topwater lures. Nothing. Switched to jigs. One ladyfish. Boats started to come in and I saw one guy doing OK. Asked him and he had 5 specks on croaker. Tough stuff.

Schools of horse mullet were thick along the rocks, so I snagged a half-dozen or so for shark bait later on.

Paddled back to just past the breakers. Tejano still going on and there were birds working all over taking large brown shrimp, shad, and ribbonfish from the surface.

Lots of life in the nearshore water. There were a bunch of brown eels at the surface. They must be bad mofo's cause the birds left them alone.

Also many small crabs swimming at the surface. A bunch would grab onto the drift sock.

With all this action I fished for a while. Caught a trophy shark.

After that I caught a gafftop and called it a trip. Hey, no fish to clean isn't too bad of a thing.

I found the trash piles and diaper minefield had been cleaned up by the park workers. I guess thats what society is coming to. No self-accountability and we get to pay for everyone to be taken care of.
    Last edited by Milkjug; July 8, 2011, 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Nice report. Are you gonna have it mounted?
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Hey Yan i was almost impaled by a mullet Tues did those jump in the boat or were they bait?
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks for the report and pics Yan!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
        X