Windy Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy Morning

Met up with newbie to this site ubermensch1324 this morning to do a little fishing. For such a young guy he's had a pretty intersting life! He's looking for spots to take his dad, so he met me this morning. Walked in about 5:45, off color water, but clear to about 18"-20". I caught a couple of keepers and uber hooked a couple but could not bring them in. He is looking into getting new jig heads. He asked a lot of questions and I did my best to answer him. Fish stopped biting and we went home! One trout caught on Morning Glory Hackberry Hustler and the other on Morning Glory Assassin. Had a good time, just too windy to throw the Spook Jr.

Moe
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Nice report
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Great photo!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report!

Comment

WTG Moe!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

wtg on being up for teaching.

Comment

good job
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Had way too much fun. Moe's a great teacher and I picked his brain all day so I'm sure I wore him out ha ha. The trout were there but it seemed that when those jig heads get wet - that's it! Lost a few but learned a books worth (was keeping my rod too high missing some fish on a slack line) which is more than I could have ever asked. Was hoping to see the Moe special tactics on the SS jr. but the wind just wouldn't cooperate!
                I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Great report guys. Moe - love the new avatar.
                  "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

he really knows his fishing. we both have learned from each other. that is why i really enjoy fishing with him. excellent fisher, and excellent teacher. if you sharpen your hooks, you will increase your catch. i also thought that new hooks were sharp. i even carry a sharpener with me when i'm fishing. follow and imitate his rhythum. that is part of fishing. maybe next weekend the 3 of us can get together. Lord Bless.
                    robert
                    And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                    X