Out of Gorda by daybreak tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Gorda by daybreak tomorrow

Hitting a couple a 40 mile rigs for some last day snaps, then on for the shrimp boats and weedlines...hope everyone enjoys their Monday at work!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Good luck!

Comment

Sweet, get a few before it is all over! Hopefully they will "throw us a bone" and open up some weekends if the quota isn't filled.

Comment

Have fun Mont. It is rain it's booty off here in LA.
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Well, took awhile to get out to 40, but only because we had distractions that wouldn't quit...chickys and a hoo on light tackle(trout rods and chronarchs to be exact) jerking little Boone teasers rigged on 1/2 oz jig heads...the mini do do's responded well....40 total but could've had more. Then i hit something that decided to pull back and in 15-20 seconds my chronarch was minus a spool of 30 braid, then abou 10 minutes later on another pass, Ron scored his first Hoo...and on light tackle!
          After we could stand no mas...we headed on aout to the rig and whacked some last day red snaps and a couple of vermillion to boot!
          Ended the day cleaning fish, sucking down a few and talking mucho caca...great trip and thanks to my friend Jesse Arsola for taking us!
          Attached Files
          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

That is a mess of fish! Very nice Monte!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice !!!!!!!!
              I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

WTG Monte!!! Nice haul. How far out did yall go?
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  WTG Monte!!! Nice haul. How far out did yall go?
                  "Well, took awhile to get out to 40"

I'm guessing 40 NM

Way to go Monte! Nice mess of chicken dorado you got into how long did it take to clean everything?
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice haul. you guys took jesse's boat out there?

Comment

Hate you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                        Hate you!!!
                        Hate you first, Mr 29" trout caught in front of me! LOL

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        nice haul. you guys took jesse's boat out there?
                        Yes

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                        "Well, took awhile to get out to 40"

I'm guessing 40 NM

Way to go Monte! Nice mess of chicken dorado you got into how long did it take to clean everything?

40 NM total which is where the snaps came from...at 35 we hit a small weedline, very disorganized but holding a chit pot full of bait, and the lil dodo's, and a hoo or two! It took us 2 hours to clean, but there was a lot of beer that kept getting in the way of our objective! All do's and the hoo came off Boone small skirt in pink/silver/blue glitter rigged on 1/2 oz jig head pulled thru like a tube bait. 4 foot of 80# flouro to 30# braid, with no swivel, on trout rods trolling at around 3-4mph popping/ reeling as we went, some were caught on a straight cast. If one thing quit working, we did another...left em hungry!

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                        I'll trade you more Cabo info for a trip like that and pay my part in gas. LOL very nice indeed.
                        I'll let you know next time...Arsola would gladly take a surfer that fishes, hell, so would I!

Thanks Robalo, Reef Drifter, Jocoues, Chipster...it was a good day! Milk Jug...looking like we might get a lil bump after the summer!
                        Last edited by FlatoutFishin; July 20, 2011, 05:41 PM.
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                        X