468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Bay 7-17-2011 (That's right, I said Trinity Bay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Bay 7-17-2011 (That's right, I said Trinity Bay)

I woke up this morning and hit the Seabrook Flats before sun up. Having not wade fished in almost two years, it was nice walking in for some waist deep fishing. The bait and activity in the water was sparse. I threw a tops and swim baits with no results. An hour and a half into my lackluster morning, the phone in my shirt pocket rang. I thought it would be one of two people; my wife checking on me or my buddy I was supposed to meet at the flats. To my surprise, it was castaway300 and he was ready to fish.
    I met him at the Seabrook boat ramp and off we went. Our first stop was the Pine Gully Park shoreline. We were greeted with a large concentration of bait. One red broke off and several specks were hooked, but only a couple were boxed. On we went.

We took a scenic route towards Trinity Bay to look for slicks, birds and bait. Once we arrived, we found none of the aforementioned. Castaway started investigating various marked spoils. We came across a cluster of spoils in 9 feet of water and found a boat already there. The cluster was large enough that we could slide in and not disturb the other fishermen. Castaway set up our drift and we quickly found that specks were in the area. After catching several specks of all sizes, I had a fish hit my pearl/chartreuse swimbait as soon as it hit the water. I must have placed the lure right in front of his nose. The fished turned out to be a red and the drag it was pulling tipped me off to it’s size. My largest red to date was 27”. This one felt bigger. After a 15 minute tug of war, the red tired and surfaced for castaway to net him. The fish measured 29.5”!!! A new personal best!!!

Thanks to my old buddy castaway300, a lame day on the water turned out to be one to remember (until I land the 30” or bigger red).

Thanks Brad!!
    Attached Files

Nice!! Congrats on your new PB!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice red and good report!!
      You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Great report fellas
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

SAweet!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Thank goodness i decided not to watch the golf match @ 5am today and go fishin instead.
            It was a pleasure watching you circle the boat like Davis Frits, trying to land that red. Now if i can just fiqure how to upload that liltle video i shot today.

Comment

Nice job guys can't wait to see the video!
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yeah, Buoy!!! Way to go! I like that kinda update!
                Good one for taking him out Castaway!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Way to go guys!

Comment

Nice job guys.

Comment

good day heh....

Comment

Working...
                      X