Offshore Sunday 7/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore Sunday 7/16

Worked on Robalo and Skeeter all day Saturday and got them both running good. Plan was to hit the Baby Bucks Sunday, headed out with 3 on board at 8 am (had to get gas and used slow pump at West bay marina-took 30+ minutes to gas 30 gallons. Brother followed in his Grady-he had 4 on his Grady. got through SLP and came to 1-3' seas and mixed up-run was 19 mph heading out-that killed the plan of hitting baby bucs-too bumpy a run. Hit 272 area first, trolled rapalas-king about 15#s, moved to 301, kings were fairly thick-had a triple hit/hook up-one broke off after making a quick run and jump, one missed hook on sardine and other was about 20#s and boated it. Trolled a few more times around platform. Tried for some snaps-none for my boat-brother got 1 on his boat at 15#s. Tried drifting-a few hits, boated 1 king drifting. Trolled again and finished limit on kings. Headed in at noon at 30 mph-no snaps caught on my boat. No weedlines seen-some rips, but weeds were scattered. Water was green at 272 area, was almost blue at 301-thought about trying 350, but was 11 am and was tired from working on boats Saturday and knew I needed to relax and get back early or I'd be sore as heck today. sure got nice about noon.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Sounds rough but fun!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice trip! We were out there too and the seas were definentely mixed up.

Comment

I was out there Jerry
        It was a bit bumpy!
        Nice though... Chip will put up a post later
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Nice, thanks for the report! Still haven't tried trolling for kings, but sounds like fun.
          You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Nice job Jerry!To bad about no red snap's!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
            X