468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

07.19.11 Trinty area AM, 8 Mile surf evening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07.19.11 Trinty area AM, 8 Mile surf evening.

Since I walked into the water with my phone in my pocket chasing feeding redfish a few days ago, no pics but here is the report.

Walked in the Trinty area around 6 am, had a fish on top on the sleeper spook jr. but got off, then nothing for about an hr, then the rain hit hard so as I was walking back down the shoreline to my truck I start seeing shad getting blown out of the water in about ankle deep water, at first I thought it was reds because that is usually what does that there, but I saw brown and white jumping out of the water, it was nice big flounder blasting out of the water everywhere. So I walked in ankle deep and threw my fatboy and 2nd cast a nice 18 in 3 lb flounder is on, even pulled drag. Let him go after measurements and hte feeding continued but I could not pick up anymore. First time I have seen flounder acting that way.

Got the the surf around 5:30 PM had a floating fatboy on and 2nd cast hooked up with a 15 in speck, and continued to hook up almost every cast with keepers or close to keepers biggest was 20 in. Then I got tired of throwing that so I went back to top water and started nailing them on anything from a full size bone spook to a red head skitter walk to a bone treuse skitter. I ended up catching around 15 trout put 6 on my buddies stringer since I did not carry one out with me, I would have let them go but he wanted some for a fish fry. All in all the fish were def holding in the surf thick. Also had a pod of porpoises come within 10 ft of me which was cool and surprising the bite did not stop even with their presence.

Hey scum nice reports lately dood!

What fatboy do you like to throw? I've been meaning to buy one before it gets cooler but haven't really needed it with all the fish I've been catching with soft plastics/tops.

Anyways, good reports, I'll have to try out trinity some time soon.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Nice report!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

pearly pink, strawberry/white, clear/silver flake/chartreuse, gold flake/white/chartreuse, Texas chicken. Those are what I have been using lately. I always start with tops, then corkys, then soft plastics. The corky bite is addicting and usually produces bigger fish compared to my friends that are throwing soft plastics next to me.

Comment

Good job sL!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice report, thanks!
            You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

great report. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Thanks for the report!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                X