Bacliff/San Leon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacliff/San Leon??

Does anyone ever wade the shoreline from Bayland Park in Bacliff/San Leon? I was considering wading that area, but would like to have whatever information I can get before doing so. Thanks!

Moe
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

I waded it several times years ago outside the spillway & to the right,felt like the same bottom as Seabrook flats, firm bottom, never did any good on keepers,bunch of dinks. That was many years ago so things might have changed.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Hit and miss on this shoreline.Miss more than hit.

Comment

Mr. Moe you need to be thinking of where you be going with that new ShoalWater instead

that area is as said hit/miss. I think ole Hop could give some good advise in that area.

I'd be looking around the Dike area, BIL need well last wk around Skitter Island.

Good Luck, I'm working the OT like crazy and can only wish I had time to go!
        wd

Comment

I really like those upper Galveston shorelines and have been wading them for years,and still do every year,but I won't think about those places until that water temp. gets COLD.What I have learned over the years is that no doubt the best trout I have caught in those areas of the bay have come in the winter.That's when your going to see those big females,and the colder the better.I like that water around the 50 degree mark.For me in the winter,it's all about playing those conditions....wind,current,moonrise and set,major and minor feeding periods,etc.When the water is cold,those things play a major factor in the the way fish will move and feed up and down those shorelines.What makes the upper Galveston area great in the winter is the limitless amounts of structure,pier pilings mostly.These are magnets for trout and the way they set up their ambush and eating patterns.Drop-offs around and in front of the pilings are a bonus.I'm already looking foward to winter.I'll be roaming around up in that area when the water is BRRRRRRRR.Wait until this winter Moe,and you could get a trout like the one you just got over there.Good luck.
          TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Thanks gents! Ask for info and you get it! Really appreciate your input!

Moe

Comment

Moe you it would be better to put in a yak and fish those area IF the Wind is right.Flapper hit the nail on the head.When the wind is right i put in and yak.
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

As soon as I get a yak, that's what i'm gonna do!

Comment

Working...
                X