Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 gusting to 40

23 gusting to 40...

That was the recorded wind, that Chip and I enjoyed this morning.

The front that was due in the afternoon, decided to catch an earlier flight and surprise us.It was pretty much a white out with very little visibility and the thought crossed both our minds to run the boat aground and sit it out. The good Lord saw fit to open up some visibility at just the right moment and we made it in just fine. Since I have a bunch of homework to finish, I have to keep this short and say that we both missed fish on a few blow ups, and caught 3 flounder on plastics after the storm passed. It was not the great trip we had planned but it was exciting.

Enjoyed it Chip...until next time.

Thanks to WD for trying warn us. Wish I would have heard the phone.
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

It was definitely a memorable trip. Nice job Capt!

Originally posted by gsb View Post
    23 gusting to 40...

That was the recorded wind, that Chip and I enjoyed this morning.

The front that was due in the afternoon, decided to catch an earlier flight and surprise us.It was pretty much a white out with very little visibility and the thought crossed both our minds to run the boat aground and sit it out. The good Lord saw fit to open up some visibility at just the right moment and we made it in just fine. Since I have a bunch of homework to finish, I have to keep this short and say that we both missed fish on a few blow ups, and caught 3 flounder on plastics after the storm passed. It was not the great trip we had planned but it was exciting.

Enjoyed it Chip...until next time.

Thanks to WD for trying warn us. Wish I would have heard the phone.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Hey, at least ya'll got some flatties. Thanks for the report.

I was going to drum fish the HSC, but my buddy cancelled. Kind of glad he did, I didn't think the front would get here so quick either and was pushing to go.

Comment

Thanks for the report.Congrats on the catch
        NK
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Looks like today is a little better, but it is supposed to pick up again tomorrow sometime. We will just wake up in the morning and go from there! I also saw that it is going to drop in the 30's for a low next week, which will not help the water temps at all. Mother nature needs to make up her mind!
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I went out that day to the retention pond by my house for bass to wet a line. After almost losing my hat 3 times I packed it in. I can't imagine how much worse it was out in the brine. Congrats on catching something in the gales
            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Working...
            X