Topwaters- Not Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topwaters- Not Much

Started out the day with Moe and Silver Wolf at around 630ish when the sun was peeking above the water. The winds were manageable but not favorable at our location. The water was more off color than usual but fishable. Started out working with a hackberry hustler in morning glory. Had some interest from small stuff when I felt a *whump* and set the hook on a 16 inch flattie. Silver Wolf was using a chartreuse split tail and picked up a 16 inch trout as well as a few dinks. When the action died down, we decided to move. Moe stayed behind and continued fishing. While wading towards our other spot, Moe had began hooking up on trout using a bone super spook jr, including a 23 incher which he released. We waded back and started throwing the tops. I had one of the most amazing strikes ever! Working the spook at a quick pace, I noticed a swirl and a 19 inch trout going airborne and engulfing my spook. A quick hookset and fish on! After putting that on the stringer, the action seemed to die down. No more notable fish after that.Click image for larger version

Name:	018.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	569789
    Resident Ninja

killer, what area was this in?

Comment

Good report.....Thanks!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

In g-town.

Glad u guys killed it, I felt bad because I really wanted to meet silver wolf but if the old lady happy - ain't nobody happy! Lol.

Anyways, sweet stringer will see u manana.

PS - U look like a nerd in ur pic...jus sayin.
        I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Nice stringer Jhua!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I fished gtown today and the water was clear caught and released a few reds on top, and had probably 8-10 blow ups/fish on that got off. I knew that would happen since yesterday I didn't miss but one blow up. How it always goes. But the action stopped as soon as the tide stopped moving on q.

Comment

Nice...will have to fish w u sometime scumlord - u seem to put up them numbers!!!
              I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Yeah my dad didn't do to well with the picture ahaha. I was exhausted to so the smile is kinda forced. But...I am a nerd and darned proud of it
                Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice job guys...

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

That speck is Jhua's first on a topwater lure! Even as tired as he was when we left, that smile never left his face! I caught three keepers on top and 1 on a Mirrodine. Kept the 16" and the 19" fo' my tummy! Left the camera at the house! Doh!

Welcome To The Addiction J!

Moe
                    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Congrats on the topwater hook up Jhua!!!!

I am cracking open a longneck in your honor

Comment

it was great meeting you J. great fellow to fish with. caught 1 keeper trout, 1 good size croaker and gave them both to J. released 3 small flatties, 3 small reds. great friends to be with, and a great day of fishing. Lord Bless.
                        robert
                        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                        X