Floor Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Questions?

Got a friend finishing up a floor on his boat and he wants to do a splatter finish. What type of paint do you use and is the technique to just dip the brush and go for it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	554644If he's not going to gelcoat it then use West Marine Interlux or awlgrip. I've never tried to do the webbing. Pros use a special spray gun. I'd try a paint stirring stick and practice on some cardboard first. The paint stick worked for Jackson Pollock!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

He is working with Kiwi Grip and I haven't heard back from him about the progress. He did say that the product will explode after being shaken on the machine. Sigh......

Comment

I would like to see pics of the finished product as I was thinking about using Kiwi Grip on my floor.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

Go to Johnson fiberglass or any fiberglass store near you and buy some "webbing solution" you will only need about a quart, Mix half a quart with the color you wanna use and add the hardners for paint and a little bit of mek.......... any spray gun will work just make sure to close the fan all the way on the gun and open the material all the way ..........if you need any help let me know

Comment

Thanks for the info and I haven't seen the results yet. He did say not to have the kiwi grip shaken at the local hardware store or it will explode upon opening. Not good!

Comment

Working...
            X