Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to fishing west bay. I have fished from my kayak 4 times now launching from sea isle and have been skunked. I was hoping someone out there would be willing to show me the ropes. I would be willing to pay a fair amount to someone who is willing to teach me. just let me know. Thanks!

Welcome and your in a good area for catching fish John. I like Snake Island Cove, but it wasn't good to me on my last visit.

Comment

welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Find the bait, find the fish. If you are in an area that looks like a dead zone, keep paddling until you see something happening.

Comment

Welcome. I get to go out and fish sometimes, but I get skunked plenty of times. Be patient, and concentrate on knowing one area at a time. You can develop patterns of an area if you stick with it. Ive never fished sea isle, so I cant give any advice. Im still getting to know the are from offats to GISP. I can tell you that GISP is a good area for summer time, It does get crowded.

Look for nervous bait or red fish in the shoreline. Also slicks, and birds diving. I am more into going out and trying to find some reds in the marsh, but witht he high tides this weekend we had to move out into the bay and drift around till we got hits. Ive been fishing 3 years from kayak now and only have one solid pattern that works every year, but that is not till september and october. Ive been working on a summer one but not there yet. Spring is the hardest fishing time. Winter is easy to people who have a well known trout area. Big trout usually hang out in the same area and dont travel far from there during winter (so i read).

Another area is know your grounds and were your drop offs are. You can catch good flounder on drop offs, is good to know if bottom is sand, mud, or shell. I would say muddy is better during summer time. Look for structure, and fish as much as you can plus post a report, even if you dont do to good. Find people that like to fish as much as everyone in this forum and Im sure they will share knowledge, some even give you a spot or two.

If you want to go to have fun and learn or even teach, pm me and we can get together. Dont promise fish, but Im sure we will be trying to find them.

Comment

Welcome to FWE!
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

what kayak do you have?

Comment

welcome

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
                    what kayak do you have?
                    Cheap one. Pelican castaway 100. I didn't want to buy an expensive one just to find out I hated kayaking. So i got a cheap starter.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
                      Welcome. I get to go out and fish sometimes, but I get skunked plenty of times. Be patient, and concentrate on knowing one area at a time. You can develop patterns of an area if you stick with it. Ive never fished sea isle, so I cant give any advice. Im still getting to know the are from offats to GISP. I can tell you that GISP is a good area for summer time, It does get crowded.

Look for nervous bait or red fish in the shoreline. Also slicks, and birds diving. I am more into going out and trying to find some reds in the marsh, but witht he high tides this weekend we had to move out into the bay and drift around till we got hits. Ive been fishing 3 years from kayak now and only have one solid pattern that works every year, but that is not till september and october. Ive been working on a summer one but not there yet. Spring is the hardest fishing time. Winter is easy to people who have a well known trout area. Big trout usually hang out in the same area and dont travel far from there during winter (so i read).

Another area is know your grounds and were your drop offs are. You can catch good flounder on drop offs, is good to know if bottom is sand, mud, or shell. I would say muddy is better during summer time. Look for structure, and fish as much as you can plus post a report, even if you dont do to good. Find people that like to fish as much as everyone in this forum and Im sure they will share knowledge, some even give you a spot or two.

If you want to go to have fun and learn or even teach, pm me and we can get together. Dont promise fish, but Im sure we will be trying to find them.
                      Are you wanting to fish with me?

Comment

Originally posted by John_n06 View Post
                        Cheap one. Pelican castaway 100. I didn't want to buy an expensive one just to find out I hated kayaking. So i got a cheap starter.
                        In that case you dont want to travel far, try and stay closer to the launch if winds pick up and the bay gets choppy you need to be careful. Always wear your PFD.

Good Luck out there

Comment

Working...
                        X