Wading virginia point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading virginia point?

Hey guys, was looking to fish some new spots and wanted to try to wade virginia point and up the shoreline. I dont have a boat or kayak so need to find a place for parking. Anyone have experience with this area?

The only access is the road under the railroad bridge then it continues a ways then you walk.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

ah thats no good, i was hoping to drive down virginia point dr under the bridge and park at the end of that dirt road

Comment

Originally posted by IndyKid View Post
        ah thats no good, i was hoping to drive down virginia point dr under the bridge and park at the end of that dirt road
        That shouldn't be a problem.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

send me a pm some time. i've been wanting to learn that area so you can join me if you like.
          michelle

Comment

There used to be a pvc pipe there marking an oyster reef. We used to catch some redfish up there in a boat. After ike though, the pipe is gone and we have yet to find the reef again.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
              There used to be a pvc pipe there marking an oyster reef. We used to catch some redfish up there in a boat. After ike though, the pipe is gone and we have yet to find the reef again.
              That whole shoreline and point is mostly shell
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Virginia Point

Kenny is right, the whole area is reef or mud/shell...Ive waded the hell out of it(from a boat) several times and heard stories of monster trout, but have yet to catch anything but a few keeper reds and the occaisional trout. I think you need a fairly high tide in the winter time for that area to produce...not sure about spring summer fall. I haven't figured out the pattern but it always looks like it should be a good area. Let us know if you figure it out.

Comment

Ahh, I talked to my uncle and that pvc pipe he put up years ago. It marked a gut and that's where he caught his trout and reds. The time's we've been there it has only been reds. If you find a gut mark it!
                  Resident Ninja

Comment

Thanks for the good info guys. Looking at getting a yak here soon so hoping to do some exploring in the near future

Comment

If you need someone to partner up with let me know!
                      Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                        Don't drive under the railroad bridge unless you know somebody that will give you permission. When the houses where there a buddy of mine got his truck vandelized by the locals . They didn't see a thing , but told him it is private property and that he shouldn't come back. You could possibly park at the causeway and walk in , but do watch for snakes .
                        In the past there was a private property sign posted at the start of the road. I have not
                        gone back to see after Ike.
                        X2 on the snakes.

Comment

I will probly just paddle out there. Ill definitley hit you up Jhua! I want a lot of time on the water before im off to Tx state later august

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                            If you need someone to partner up with let me know!
                            I'm new to kayaking and need a partner. Are you interested?

Comment

joh, got my kayak today. Ill be out fishing virginia point and northward tomorrow am

Comment

Working...
                              X