Post-Don Report (07/30/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Don Report (07/30/11)

Went out again and was almost chased away by the early storms. Walked in at around 6:45. Water was almost a perfect green color. Water movement was minimal and winds were light. Started again with the Hustler in morning glory to no avail. Then switched to a bone super spook and start getting blow-ups. After 15 minutes of blow-ups but no hook ups, a bird decides my spook is a good looking meal and scoops it up. The bird gets tangled in my line and it takes 10 minutes until I can safely untangle the bird. While I did that the bird was thrashing around in the water spooking all the trout. No more blow-ups afterwards. I move more towards the back marsh area looking for trout when I realized that the water salinity levels have changed since yesterday and the trout have probably moved on. No blow-ups and at 10, decide to go with the corky and let it sink down where the water should be saltier. I pick up two trout that are 15 inches and let both of them go to grow some more. On the way back I manage to get the elusive flounder that I have been searching for all these mornings. I think I spoiled myself with all those trout because the flounder, while it was satisfying catching it, was a disappointment. :P
    Resident Ninja

I'll take a flounder any day! Great post!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

you should have kept the flying fish, and given me the flounder. those flying fish can really put up a fight. hope to see you out there next weekend. Lord Bless.
      robert
      And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Way to get out there.

Comment

Nice report.Bummer on the bird.They like gold and silver spoons in the surf too
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
          X