greens lake question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greens lake question..

Fished the way back of Greens in that canal and took the first right all the way threw that canal today. It was super skinny and if your boat doesn't get up on plane in 6-8 inch I wouldn't venture to far back there. We were back there for hours spot casting to reds but they weren't hungry. As we were leaving the area late this after noon prolly around 3:30 there were multipe boats anchored in that narrow channel. Whats the proper way to go around boats anchored in the channel. I just did a really slow idil and people were getting mad. One of them it seemed was trying to cast and hit my boat, but I was like 10ft out of casting distance. I didn't say a word to them, but almost wish I did.
    Jeff

Thats what I usually do, but if they looked like they were mad at me, I'd run over their line with my prop! Just kidding, you did the right thing in my opinion. Better than haulling azz past them and waking them.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

greens

If they are going to anchor in the canal, they should expect to have people going by them. I go through there all the time and usually run through with my trolling motor. If someone casted and hit my boat, I might have to say something.
      I love that marsh in the back of Greens.

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
      Thats what I usually do, but if they looked like they were mad at me, I'd run over their line with my prop! Just kidding, you did the right thing in my opinion. Better than haulling azz past them and waking them.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
        If they are going to anchor in the canal, they should expect to have people going by them. I go through there all the time and usually run through with my trolling motor. If someone casted and hit my boat, I might have to say something.
        I love that marsh in the back of Greens.
        Exactly. I've had people give me dirty looks while going through the boat cut at the jetties. Come on it's the boat cut! Everyone and there brother is going to be going through there and they know that! Some people just suck. As long as you idle slowly and be courteous, you can't do much else.
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Boat cut? I'm on plane going through there
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You can't anchor in a choke point and expect people to go way out of their way to get around you. Pass him WOT shootin' him the bird... JK but you did all you could do.

Now earlier today I was fishing GISP, cutting drifts from the tubes on out. Some dude coming right at me decides to cut between me and the tubes, when there is the whole bay further out to go through. Plus I was waving him to the other side as he approached. Inconsiderate douchebag. No matter though... comes with the territory when you fish the weekends. Just used the time to paddle a ways down to another spot.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              Boat cut? I'm on plane going through there
              Boat cut is like the same sinario. I just don't under stand why people are that way. I guess I can understand if they were catchin fish one after another, in that case I would have droped anchor too. BUT we didn't see them catch one fish...

Comment

I think its dangerous to go slow through an area with so much current.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Bingo, Trim down, flaps down, military power through the cuts.
                  "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                  boom

Comment

No you're right. You have to go through there on plane or you'll get smashed into the rocks.
                    I was just making a point that it's the same type of situation. Major boat highway and people fishing there get mad when you drive by.
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Good to see you out on the water Jeff. There is an old saying about fish heads that comes to mind that applies to that situation. I wonder what is the right thing to do in that situation myself but figure we will never please em all. Idle is respectful and won't rock them out of the boat. Can't get much more considerate than that in cramped quarters!

Now, why didn't you invite me to go fishing that day? LOL!
                      Scott
                      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
                        Good to see you out on the water Jeff. There is an old saying about fish heads that comes to mind that applies to that situation. I wonder what is the right thing to do in that situation myself but figure we will never please em all. Idle is respectful and won't rock them out of the boat. Can't get much more considerate than that in cramped quarters!

Now, why didn't you invite me to go fishing that day? LOL!
                        We really didn't plan on fishing. We were actually scouting out fish and seeing ways in which the bay has changed since IkE. Once we saw that school of reds, we pulled out of that lake and then I idiled by you. Went straight home got my rods and went right back. Believe it or not we found that school of reds again but they wouldn't bite anything we threw at them. Even Gulp!. On our way out there were multiple boats anchored where you were drifting, and thats when this happened.

I'v been so busy with school. We need to go fishin soon tho.

Comment

it is safer not to go thru the boat cut on plane for the boats already anchored up. I have seen people become unanchored from someones wake and that could lead to serious injuries by crashing in the rocks so I woul dnot recommend that at all and dont kid yourself by thinking it is safe. Remmeber you are always responsible for your wake. It is safest to go thru at idle but if teh current is too strong go thru at teh slowest speed possible to be safe and control your boat. As far as going by people in bayous, an idle is very acceptable but if you want to be super nice a trolling motor is the way. If you have fished these bayous long enough then you will realize that the fish in the bayous are staying in the bayous for a reason and not leaving so the big motor doesnt hurt at all. I have actually caught fish under a boat that is passing me at an idle so that shouldnt hurt their fishing. If they get mad at you there is nothing you can do if they choose to anchor in a boat lane that is what you should expect.
                          Capt Craig Lambert
                          832-338-4570

Comment

Working...
                          X