Friday April 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday April 10th

Well right now I'm planning to take the yak out for a little fishing on the 10th if anyone wants to hookup. Haven't decided where yet as that might depend on the weather. I'm open to ideas as to where to go as well.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

I don't know when you are going but I can normally take off earlier Friday afternoon. I like to fish W. Bay, the surf, and the ship channel. Let me wait to see how my schedule and the conditions look before I commit to anything though.

Comment

I've got the whole day off and was thinking about starting early. That depends on the conditions and tides though.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

What time are you planning to head towards the bay that day bountyhunter? Let me see if I can take off.

Comment

Looking at the tide chart, I'm thinking of going and hitting San Luis/Titlum Tatlum area for some reds and flounder. Even if the winds is blowing pretty hard we can be protected up Titlum Tatlum.

Tides from San Luis Pass
          Friday Apr 10, 2009
          6:26 AM - High 2.0
          12:03 PM - Low 1.3
          4:02 PM - High 1.6
          11:24 PM - Low -0.5

I also like fishing Jones Lake and Mosquito island this time of year, but both of those really depend on the what the wind is doing. The tides look good for both of them as well, and they are closer. Guess is really depends on what the wind is going to be doing.

If I do go down to San Luis it will be early to launch at first light. Mosquito or Jones we wouldn't have to launch until 8:00 or so.

Comment

im gonna be set up on west beach or in the SLP area on friday through saturday. right now friday is looking like pretty good conditions, so im probably going to have some long rods out and if anyone shows up gonna get some btb action going.

Comment

I will be out there somewhere Friday.Between the MOB and SLP
              NK
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I'm thinking I might try something new and put the yak in at Harborwalk and fish Jones. I've fished Jones with my yak before, but put in at Fatboy's and it makes for a long paddle after a day of fishing. Harborwalk might be the ticket, has anyone put in from there with a yak before?

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                  I'm thinking I might try something new and put the yak in at Harborwalk and fish Jones. I've fished Jones with my yak before, but put in at Fatboy's and it makes for a long paddle after a day of fishing. Harborwalk might be the ticket, has anyone put in from there with a yak before?

Try Sportsman Rd Derek? Access to all the upper West back coves.
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Monte that is #2 on my list. I've fished there before with luck and where I go is really depending on what the winds will be doing that morning. I really like Jones from a yak and have had some really good days out there when the weather and wind is right.

Comment

Harbor walk is the holy grail of launch sites for yakkers. Haven't heard of non-residents using it. Currently, the furthest W. launch on the N. shore of W. bay is Louis bait camp. There is a possiblity of launching near that ramp ya'll found on google earth. Near Flamingo road or something?

Either way, it's a loooonnnng paddle from Louis or the S. shore to get to Green's.

I've had good days at Sportsman's, but it can be hit or miss, and I used to fish there almost exclusively.

Here's where I like to fish.

Calm wind and good tide: Fish the RR bridge... launch from the ramp on Galv. side of causeway or the mid-bay reefs SW of the launch. Another option would be launch halfway down Sportsman's and head N to Confederate reef. I like both of these spots on an incoming tide.

Medium wind: Head to the end of Sportsman's. The shore will protect you somewhat. I'll make another post of this area in a bit. GISP would be a good choice too.

High wind: Find marsh to fish or bayous. TT bayou would be good.

Comment

I'll be down fishing a new spot! Bailey & Cody found the honey hole last weekend! 20 Sheepshead, 9 Redfish & 5 puppy black drum were pulled out of this hole! Of course they kept there 5 sheepshead, reds were all rats just at 18-19" and the drum they turned loose.
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Well it looks like it will be a Titlum Tatlum morning after all. Got to get some fishing in, but also want to lend a hand at Blockade Runners. So get there early and fish my way out to the camp is the plan. Momma really wants a couple of flounder for the grill this weekend so maybe I'll get lucky and pickup a couple for her.

Comment

TT is a good flounder hole. Last time I fished "Blockage Runners" , I hooked 3 or 4 (most came unglued). Who knows how many I would have caught if I had been really grinding it out and moving spots constantly, instead of chilling on the pier and drinking brews.

Comment

ill be across from the last water tower before you hit SLP with a buddy. gonna hit it early. well be in a red f150 and a maroon prius.

Comment

Working...
                              X