Kemah/Westbay/Clearlake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemah/Westbay/Clearlake

A buddy of mine just moved down to kemah and were trying to get any tips or hotspots around the area. Mud Lake? San Leon? Any where around West Bay/Kemah/Clear Lake?? Thanks

We went to bayshore park and caught 2 flounder and 2 reds,but nothing to brag about.

Originally posted by fannett88 View Post
    A buddy of mine just moved down to kemah and were trying to get any tips or hotspots around the area. Mud Lake? San Leon? Any where around West Bay/Kemah/Clear Lake?? Thanks

We went to bayshore park and caught 2 flounder and 2 reds,but nothing to brag about.
    2 flounder and 2 reds is more than I can eat!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

For starters you might try getting a decent map of the area. Since your buddy is in Kemah, I am sure yall can get one at Marburgers. After getting that map and looking it over that is when you start learning something. Pick an area and go fishing, you might get em you might not. However try to learn something from every trip. Be very observant while on the water for signs like bait, slicks, and birds just to name a few. Try to notice if there are areas with in the area you have chosen to fish that the bait seems to stack up. Good luck and go get em.

Comment

After you get your map & decide on an area to fish, look on Google earth & zoom in on the area & sometimes you can see things there that are not on a map.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

1) Tie on ss jr.
          2) Find pilings
          3) Cast and wave ur rod like a mad man

Lol but really I hate seabrook with a passion - FP10 would be the best dude to ask he did well today. Just remember that if you have the option to fish the surf do it now while you can. Me and friend limited out on white/chart head spook jr.s last week. The surf is usually the ticket till it starts getting cooler - assuming it's green to the beach.

Oh and you probably noticed it but the community usually stays quiet about spots just bc of all the work they've put into finding them and dealing with lots of anglers, etc. I personally don't really mind though - but some people do which is why I'll usually never tell people about them without asking them first.

I'll give you my spot though. 61st street pier directly to the left. You will see a lot of people fishing the right side but for whatever reason it's not as good we've tried. You want to cast parallel to the beach directly toward the long rock bridge that leads up to the pier - baitfish LOVE to cruise up and down on those rocks. We were catching keepers and tons of throwbacks 1:3 ratio probably. The guys that were fishing in front of us on the rocks all switched to top waters lol and were casting from the rocks pretty funny

It's produced for all my friends as well past few days who've been fishing that spot. Just make sure you say hey! Oh and a side note remember trout like structure so just look for lots of structure/debriis and make sure you have moving water (stronger water flow pulls baitfish out of mud/rocks etc. and attracts the game fish.

GL
          I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Working...
          X