New to the Jetties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Jetties

I was just wondering where is the closest boat ramp to the South/Surfside Jetties?
    Thanks,
    Rackemup

bridge bait and tackle.. i think

Comment

KOA lauch at SLP should be perfectly halfway between the South and Surfside Jetties.

Comment

Can you give me directions to the KOA launch at SLP

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
          KOA lauch at SLP should be perfectly halfway between the South and Surfside Jetties.
          Chuckle....

Castaway300 is correct, Bridge bait and tackle , under the 332 bridge, mainland side. Take a right, just before crossing the bridge to Surfside. For the Surfside Jetty.

For the Galveston South Jetty, the closest would be the Galveston yacht basin. But, quite a few put in at Fat Boys just before the island causeway. Exit Tiki and stay right onto Virginia Point Dr.

The KOA (now a county park called SLP park) at SLP, is about 15 miles NE from Surfside and 30 miles SW from the Galveston south jetty.....

The best place, really, is the true halfway point between Surfside and the NE tip of Galveston Island, which is the Sea Ilse Marina. JT's money pit. What do they say, location, location, location. (So, JT, I'm steering business your way, how's bought that free beer?)
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

there is a boat ramp right next to the coast guard office in surfside. go down velasco street like your headed to the jetties, then take a right instead of left. go down that streat till it ends and take another right. go down a block (i think its the end of that street) and take a left. the parking lot and boat ramp is on your left. its right next to the coast guard office.

Comment

Coast Guard but if you need supplies or bait The bridge is just a mile or so away!Also the bridge is a pretty cool place to have a beer and just hang out. Everytime I stop in there on the weekend the have someting going on!
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
              X