Trinity Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Reds

I am wanting to go up to trinity to fish some of these big schools of red fish I hear about. I will be going regardless of what information I can try to aquire, but I am looking for any kind of helpful information of what not to do or where not to go as well as any helpful information on where are good areas. I know everyone says hire a guide but I want to try to learn it a little at a time. I plan to try to do some trout fishing in the spring. Never fished trinity but wanting to learn some. Any help is welcome.

Thank you,
    sigpicAndrew Dykes
    www.AndcoConstruction.com
    AndrewDykes@AndcoConstruction.com
    281-850-2897

Where do you plan on launching? Hugo Point is a nice launch area. Stop by JJ's Dry Dock on Gou Hole they always provide good up to date information. Jack's Pocket, the Spillway have been producing but I have not checked any recent reports in over 2 weeks.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Heard some Big Big Reds are in Mid Bay areas, Pick a launch and start looking for Backs as in Red Fish backs sticking out of the water with maybe Working Birds around. Chunk any color of plastic but don't fish to close to the bottom, Capt Mickey says large Drum are under the Reds on or near the bottom.

I was out last wk and didn't witness any of this mostly b/c I was close to the shorelines whacking a few Trout, 1/2 between Thompsons and the Spillway in 5-7 ft of water. We were about 30 minutes late getting there and bite was over, which reminds me that my partner says he saw a 8-10 ft shark surface 1 time and then vanished. He was sure glad we stay in the boat that day, he looked pretty shooked up and to this day the only cuss words I've ever heard him say..LOL

Hope this helps in some way., let us know how the trip went..
      Good Luck,
      wd

Comment

Probably going to launch from sylvan or eagle point. Looking for tournament reds as well as learning to fish that area for future. Never been there before. I am a west bay only kind of guy. I have done the jetties numerous times catching reds just can't get the big fat ones. I appreciate the help.
        sigpicAndrew Dykes
        281-850-2897

Comment

Me too. Can I follow you -- LOL. Always heard about the big schools of big reds in the middle of the bay but never found or fished them. May have to burn some gas pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaette View Post
            Me too. Can I follow you -- LOL. Always heard about the big schools of big reds in the middle of the bay but never found or fished them. May have to burn some gas pretty soon.
            Yes, I keep hearing the same. I was the one last GRS in the parking lot of fat boys with the pathfinder and t-top. Talked to you for a minute before we headed to weigh in. I am going to head that way either this week or weekend. Need to find these BIG fish to stay in it.
            sigpicAndrew Dykes
            281-850-2897

Comment

Working...
            X