Morning Wade (08/06/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Wade (08/06/11)

Got to the spot at 530 ish. Met silver wolf and another member. Had some hits on morning glory hackberries. Made a diving lunge for a sandie after of came unhooked. Once the sun popped up, switched to a topwater. Had some blow ups working it fast and had to slow it wayyyyy down for them to swallow. Had a nice trout ripping drag but it came off after a jump. Bite essentially died at around 8. First time I've been skunked in a while. Should have went to the surf.
    Resident Ninja

Hard to get outa that slough after Moe caught the biggun there huh?
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Jhua- I believe it was you I met out there this morning. You guys were already on the water when John and I showed up. I had a fantastic time, and truely appreciate all that you and greywolf taught me this morning! Sincerely, thanks!

I ended up landing about 10 fish, a bunch of small specks, a couple sandies, and two rat reds. I caught a nice sandy and keeper speck early, both on choho minnow, purple back with chartreuse belly. Got a few good fish on the electric chicken, but managed to loose all three of them at my feet... On the walk out, I hooked my best speck (17") on a bone colored suspending lure. Pretty good parting prize. Ended up with 3 trout on the stringer.

And I witnessed the diving catch on that trout you had... It was a zen master ninja move! Trout spit the hook, wheeled around to swim away, and you somehow shoved that net in front of him! Pretty cool!

It was great meeting you, hopefully we can fish together again! I'm thinking of going back Monday am.

Comment

great to meet John and Joe this morning. great people to fish with. MASTER JHUA performed a quick and slick move on the trout. move was better than Bruce Lee. i thought i was fast, but i guess being almost 58 has it's disadvantages. this old man can still perform some surprizes. caught 1 keeper trout, 3 sand trout, threw back 1 trout and 2 flounder. it was a hard grinding day. Jhua gave me his sand trout.thanks again. had a blast with the youngsters. we talked, fished, and just had a great time. Missed my partner, but there will be another day. will have to do it again. Lord Bless.
        robert
        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

What time did you guys end up heading back? Catch much after John and I left? I just knew that as soon as we put the truck in gear to leave, you would both start hooking up to huge fish... ha ha

Comment

We had almost nothing after. I got a ribbonfish haha
            Resident Ninja

Comment

OK, that makes me feel a little better. I did get to tear into a 22 oz porterhouse steak, so I think I made the right choice! ha ha

Comment

Damn, Jhua. You've been a fishing machine lately.

Comment

Silver Wolf- that strange fish you caught this morning... I should have trusted my instinct. It was indeed a lookdown like I said. Check it out and make sure i'm remembering the fish correctly- http://www.texasgulfcoastfishing.com/lookdown.html

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                    Damn, Jhua. You've been a fishing machine lately.
                    Tryin to get in as much time with my rod before it gets hectic again.
                    Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                      Tryin to get in as much time with my rod before it gets hectic again.
                      Sounds like you need to change your screen name to FishNinja! LOL
                      Great story!
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

High Pressure makes fishing tough in that spot! Catch'em early or not at all!
                        Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Is there a high pressure system right now? I don't see that on the weather maps.
                          Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                            Is there a high pressure system right now? I don't see that on the weather maps.
                            Tide tables and solunar charts for Clear Lake: high tides and low tides, surf reports, sun and moon rising and setting times, lunar phase, fish activity and weather conditions in Clear Lake.

Go down about half way or so on the right and see the pressure rising.Hey Johnathan if you want a sand trout spot pm me or call me it's over in the area i live.
                            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

This is a funny thread.. I can see the master himself practicing with that net to catch the elusive silver fish... nice
                              TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X