share the wealth....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• share the wealth....

...of knowledge. im new so let me just say "hey" to everyone. im glad my boy put me on to this website. Im tired of gettin out fished by him. im going fishing monday afternoon and thursdaay (all day). Ill probably start around san luis and work up toward sportsmans. questions: where is a promising area around slp? should i cross the toll? how far out can i safely wade? also, the cuts and coves around sportsman, basically to the left of the busted pier(s)...are those good areas to wade? i mean it can be crazy shallow. and the last time i went out there the water was chest high and im 5'11.... was that just cause of high tide?
    this time of year, is there a preferred technique for bait presentation? boune of the bottom, jerk/swim, topwater etc...im askiing all this crap cause i am...the grasshoppa!

FYI just becareful wading at San luis pass there is drop off approximately 150-200 yards from the beach front and every year several drowning.

Comment

Word to the wise, if you have never waded SLP it is not a good idea to go it alone. If you do, wear a PFD as the pass can be really tricky. For wading I've always perferred the Galveston side of the pass. It was great back when you could get in behind the water treatment plant and not have to worry about your truck getting broken into, but those days are long gone.

BTW Welcome to FWE!
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

If your going solo It would be better to go to sportsmans rd. just to be safe. If you wade out towards the bay you will start stepping on some shell. That's where I usually start. Once you hit the shell just start wading parallel to the shoreline until you find the fish. You can also wade back in the coves but it guts pretty muddy in some areas and can be tough to wade. All the baits you mentioned should work, just vary it up and see what works.

Comment

'preciate it TTU

Comment

as long as you stay on the back bay side of the pass you really dont have anything to worry about, there is a few spots pass the toll bridge with some dirt roads off bluewater hwy that you can park and wade into cold pass..
            Boats and hoes.

Comment

Working...
            X