Baitwell ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baitwell ideas ?

Looking for ideas on a baitwell large enough for 3 or 4 dozen croaker and the ability to keep them alive for 18 to 24 hours . Having to buy bait the night before .

Boyd’s sells an oxygen response system for 219.00 that and an ice chest should do it. I have used this type of set up for keeping flounder alive and it works well. Good luck!

Comment

x2 on the o2 system
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

X 2 on the oxygen.... Give Thomas (Texxan1) who is an active member here a shout. He builds and sells them. I got mine from him and it works great. Thomas 281-827-6815.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Plus 2 on Thomas's set up ...

You have two factors in keeping bait alive
          Oxygen and ammonia levels ..... you would need a real big tank to keep that many fish alive .....or have to do a constant water change.

Othe issues people run into all the time, is they dont match hte salinity of water temps from when they buy it, and into to their new tank.

A 5 degree temp change will shock your bait and could kill them .....

Gradually mix the water and bring both of those levles near each other
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by jocues View Post
            Boyd’s sells an oxygen response system for 219.00 that and an ice chest should do it. I have used this type of set up for keeping flounder alive and it works well. Good luck!
            Building it now Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
            X