Waded this AM (8/8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waded this AM (8/8)

Took 2 buddies for a quick wade this morning. Winds weren't too strong, but decidedly out of the SouthWest, which had the water looking like chocolate milk. Needless to say, the specks, reds, and flounders were all tight lipped. We did manage a couple nice sand trout, with some trash fish mixed in. I caught a ribbon fish, and a blue fish as well. Fund morning all together!

Better than I did (since I didn't go out)!
    I gotta start getting up earlier!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

You fished the same area? In situations like that, you need to move around the area to figure out where they are or where the cleaner water is. Usually the water clarity isn't a factor.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
        You fished the same area? In situations like that, you need to move around the area to figure out where they are or where the cleaner water is. Usually the water clarity isn't a factor.
        Thanks for the tip! Yeah, we fished the same area. We put in and tried the point, but caught only piggys and sand trout. No takers even on the hackberry! So we waded the left shore line a good ways and found a few pockets of fish, but only a few of decent size. Probably should have drove down and tried the far side like you pointed out the other morning.

Does tide movement usually play a larger role than water clarity there?

Comment

And on the drive out, I noticed there were some good reed lines down on the opposite end of where we were the other morning. Have you ever fished that far down? I'm thinking of taking a yak and probing those weeds a little

Comment

Originally posted by cupofjoe04 View Post
            And on the drive out, I noticed there were some good reed lines down on the opposite end of where we were the other morning. Have you ever fished that far down? I'm thinking of taking a yak and probing those weeds a little
            Never been there on a yak yet. But usually tidal movement plays a big role in that area as it flushes the fish in and out. However, it is pretty much protected from the wind and usually it never completely muddies up.
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Working...
            X