Rod & Reel advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod & Reel advice

OK, I don't know anything about flyfishing, but I'm curious about it. I saw a Cabela's rod & reel for sale for $40 which is actually in my price range.
    http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/f...p?f=4&t=167192
    Any body have any input? I'm notoriously cheap, but I don't want to get stuck with a complete dog. Would this be a decent starter set up?
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; August 9, 2011, 09:32 PM. Reason: Attended Lurefisher school of speeling
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

I can beat that price!!!! I have a brand new in da box fly reel and i think 2 fly rods at the house. I'll check when I get off the water today. You can have it all. You will get more use out of it that I will. That's stuff just sits in my garage taking up space and collecting dust. The fly rods are in hard round cases and should be in like new shape. I know the fly reel is in the box and never been used. I look when i get home.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

The one for sale is a 5 wt, for the bay most get an 8 or 9 wt in case you get into some nice reds.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
        I can beat that price!!!! I have a brand new in da box fly reel and i think 2 fly rods at the house. I'll check when I get off the water today. You can have it all. You will get more use out of it that I will. That's stuff just sits in my garage taking up space and collecting dust. The fly rods are in hard round cases and should be in like new shape. I know the fly reel is in the box and never been used. I look when i get home.

AQUA PIMP
        Wow!! Thanks, Greg! That wasn't the response I was expecting at all!!
        I really appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
          The one for sale is a 5 wt, for the bay most get an 8 or 9 wt in case you get into some nice reds.
          Dawg,
          Thanks for the advice. I don't know a darned thing about fly rods or reels!

Comment

When you get some time, look at casting videos on you tube to help you out. Then later on you will get the bug to tie your own flies, which it makes for a better day of fishing when you catch a fish on what you created.
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

Working...
            X