Gulf Coast porposing(sp?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf Coast porposing(sp?)

My buddy has just bought a 1998 20' gulf coast with a 2007 etec (150hp). The bow constantly bounces at any speed over 30mph like the engine trim is too far out. The trim is at 0 and the jack plate is all the way down. I was wondering if the wrong engine/length shaft was installed or if there is an adjustment that can be done. Does any one have any specs or knowledge in this arena?

Need to add some trim tabs, and should have a 20" shaft motor.
    Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
    (AKA Evans Marine Services)
    4340 19th St.
    Bacliff, Texas 77518
    http://evansmarine.net
    http://boatwerxtx.com
    main@boatwerxtx.com
    281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Originally posted by crabcab View Post
      My buddy has just bought a 1998 20' gulf coast with a 2007 etec (150hp). The bow constantly bounces at any speed over 30mph like the engine trim is too far out. The trim is at 0 and the jack plate is all the way down. I was wondering if the wrong engine/length shaft was installed or if there is an adjustment that can be done. Does any one have any specs or knowledge in this arena?
      Tell him to put a hydrofoil on the motor.

Comment

How can i tell the length of shaft motor? Is it the length of the lower unit? Would it be in the VIN# of the engine?

Comment

Add a whale tail

Comment

Originally posted by crabcab View Post
            How can i tell the length of shaft motor? Is it the length of the lower unit? Would it be in the VIN# of the engine?
            Measure from the steering yoke, to the ridge just above where the lower unit is bolted to the center housing. You might also measure the transom. I should also be 20/21" down the center.

Comment

Working...
            X