TCD- (08/11/11)- Dinks'n Stings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCD- (08/11/11)- Dinks'n Stings

Plans fell through and we (uber, his friend and I) ended up at Mosquito Island. Water was sandy green but fishable. Tried tops initially but the wind was getting bad. Uber managed to entice a dink trout to eat the top. No blowups for me. Switched to soft plastics and we each caught a dink trout. Horrible day. Even more so that each of us got stung at least twice by them jellies. I'm at work right now and my legs are still throbbing.
    Resident Ninja

You not supposed to catch the jellyfish! LOL
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

what side did you fish

Comment

Both sides of the island.
        Resident Ninja

Comment

I've warned you youngsters about wearing shorts in the salt! I'm older and may not be in touch with the younger generation, but i'm not going to give you bad info! Be glad you did not run into a man o'war! Off my soapbox!

At least you were able to get out there!

Moe
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
            I've warned you youngsters about wearing shorts in the salt! I'm older and may not be in touch with the younger generation, but i'm not going to give you bad info! Be glad you did not run into a man o'war! Off my soapbox!

Moe
            Word! Need to invest in a pair of pants...lol.

On a good note the wind was blasting and we still managed to catch some fish - lots of small stuff in the water as every bite I got was something small. There was one guy with 1 keeper trout and lots of undersize, another group had about 3 but they left when we got there.

Had a good time with Jhua and Bo. He needs to get on the forums!

PS - That wind was blasting 20 mph by about 9:00 am Moe.
            I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post

Moe
              Great advice Moe.

A few years back, a friend and I had several of the silver dollar sized jellies drift towards us while wading in Seabrook. I have worn pants ever since that day.

Comment

The only time I went in the salt with shorts I came out with red stripes on the back of my legs. I hate to say it but urin was the only relief I had and it worked. After that I went to Academy and got some of those fancy light weight fishing guide pant and tucked them into my socks. Looked like a dork but no more peeing on my legs!!!

David C. L'Heureux
                ET2(SW/AW) USN RET
                100% Disabled Veteran

Comment

Thanks for the report.Was thinking of going there
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I'm sure if the winds laid down just a tad, you could do well there. So far today, it looks pretty good.
                    Resident Ninja

Comment

We didn't go today J....Gonna go this weekend! Winds needed to lay down though.
                      I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by ubermensch1324 View Post
                        We didn't go today J....Gonna go this weekend! Winds needed to lay down though.
                        Yeah! I'm heading up to Galveston for a family filled vacation!
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

TCD is the only place I ever get stung at. I've been wade fishing there for about 20 years now and I still havn't learned my lesson. I think I'm used to it by now. I though have yet to feel the wrath of a man-of-war, just the little ones that feel like a non stop fire ant bite for about an hour or so. Shorts till then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
                            Yeah! I'm heading up to Galveston for a family filled vacation!
                            Good luck my man!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X