Offshore 7-16-2011 report and pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore 7-16-2011 report and pics.

Well we left BB&T ~ 05:30 and out to The West 27s. It was a little on the bumpy side as usual so we stopped in state waters at the wreck off Freeport with the marker buoy on it to try it out and let the seas settle a bit. That didn't work out so I just pointed her on out and got there eventually! It was gonna be our last day of snapper season so we went to work catchin big sows. I have some rocks marked there that aren't in the books and they produced very well for us and also got the guys hooked up on some of the submarine sized grouper that live there. Those gig grouper handed out their usual butt kickins to my crew and I just set back and laughed at em! One of my crew whom is Pakistani brought along his FIL whom is a Mexican and loves to fish. He got a nice AJ in the boat which had to be released bc of the season put in by the dang feds! Oh well, we went ahead and boated our limit + and ate the overage in the form of shashimi and cerviche. Dang it's hard to beat fresh raw fish at sea. On the way back in we stopped at a nice weed patch and loaded up on nice size chickens then came on in to load on the trailer right at dark. Here's some pics, enjoy!
    Attached Files
    I was raised by an old Cowboy, therefore I am.

Nice fish!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Very nice meat haul!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sounds like a good trip.Congrats
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks guys...life is good! Hopin to go this weekend. Replacin some pumps and gettin my Furuno back from the shop tomorrow. YeeeeeeeHaaawwwwwwww!
          I was raised by an old Cowboy, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
          X