4/5/09 North Shore-west bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/5/09 North Shore-west bay

Finished my honeydo list by 9:30 Sunday am, so headed out at about 10 am. Water temp was 68.8 degrees. Live shrimp under cork. Tried north shoreline-first place had no bait action, moved. Second spot, missed 2 right off, landed 3rd-was a fat 23" trout. Missed a few more, landed/boated 3 more. Lost a big one halfway to boat-looked 5#s plus, she busted surface taking shrimp, drag screamed, got her halfway to boat and she came up and I saw her wide open mouth, then I saw my cork and hook fly out. Dang. Left at 11 am, back at house by 11:30. Wind hit about 12:30/1 pm and was howling.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

At least you got a chance to fish this weekend, my boat is back at LMC and was supposed to be ready on Friday, but we all know how that goes. BTW, sounds like you had some fun in a short period of time. Thanks for the report.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice catching,Congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Man I've been married 26 years and never finished my honeydo list, I've only gotten to the second page once.......

Glad you got out and had a few pulls, to bad about the big girl, maybe next time.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Nice catchin and report. The big one always get away.That is why She is BIG!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Way to go! I am living vicariously again!
            Scott
            "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Great Report!

Comment

Nice report. Where you drifting a large area or anchored on a specific spot?

Comment

I had a trout a little over 6# in that same general area yesterday morning about 10:00. Caught in shin-knee deep water over mud & shell on a rootbeer/ red glitter BA jig. I had just cast to something I saw and had caught a nice Redfish. I cast back to the same area and had a light pick-up. Pulled hard and hugged the bottom like a big flatty, then she came up shaking in that shallow water. After I Bogaed her, I looked and the jig was pretty far down. I pushed my pliers slightly down, twisted, and out came the jig. She swam away for another day with little to no injury.
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

nice report. as least you got in on a little action. much more than I've had in the past couple months haha
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Nice going there Kenny. Neat about your new engine also. Yep, with that light NW wind, it made that shoreline good. Hope to see ya out there. I was over mud and shell also. Didn't see you though. Hope to hit it again this weekend.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Bountyhunter:

You're right-that dang list never is finished-just finished what HAD to be done (painting bathroom and cleaning up mess from contractor). Was dang glad when she said "Why don't you go fishing?" No need to ask twice-I just smiled and said "Ok honey, see ya in a couple of hours." GONE like a scalded cat!

Comment

Nice, I have been pheening to fish the North Jetty. I alway read nice reports from there. Hopefully 007 and I will head out there once my boats ready.
                          NoBama

Comment

Pasadenaman:

Was north shoreline of west bay, not jetty. Regardless, hope you catch the heck out of 'em!! Good luck and give us a report.

Comment

Nice Job! That seems to pretty much be the norm right now. No bait, no Fish...

Comment

Working...
                              X