Fishing the VA Fogg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing the VA Fogg

Writing this for my buddy Mark Sloan out of JB...

Mark and a friend headed out yesterday afternoon to go and fish the VA Fogg the evening and then spend the night out there. Water was rougher than they expected...

They started out catching several variety of snaps...fishing was good but not en fuego. They were trying to lay down in the front of the boat and catch a few z's but due to the choppiness sleep wasn't coming for Mark. He grabbed a large rod and hooked up a fish that went about a pound and a half to two pounds lowering it into the water with no weight allowing the bait to sink slowly and go with the current. He set the rod in the rod holder and then busied himself doing various things as he couldn't sleep.

Some time later he caught a slight sound from the big reel click...click...click. It wasn't fast but slow and steady. He walked up to the rod to take a look at it and decided to wait. He wound up waiting ten minutes and finally the fish made a decision to take the bait all the way. Mark grabbed the rod and crossed the sucker's eyes.

He expected a fight but instead got a heavy dead weight feel at the end of the line. So he slowly cranked in the fish. When he got the large dead feeling fish to about fifteen feet from the back of the boat where the lights were shining he was able to see what was on the end of the line...and he got to use that famous movie line..."I think we're gonna need a bigger boat"

Just as Mark saw the tiger shark as the tiger shark saw him and decided he should get out of there peeling off a couple hundred yards of line.

Now a fight was on and it lasted a bit over an hour. Mark would bring the shark in twenty yards and then the shark would take back fifteen. That's how went the entire time until the shark finally gave up. He got it to the back of the boat and they were able to take a few pics. The shark never really came all the way up and they only got a few looks in the lights and mostly his head was up and his tail was straight down. So not to hurt him they took some photos and cut him loose. Getting a good look they guessed he wen about eight foot and a little under 400 pounds. That's a big kitty.

Mark is still complaining about how sore he is from that battle!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

That is kewl...we have also had our butts handed to us by large sharks at the Fogg but not at night and not that dramatic. DaDaDaDaDaDaDa.... I think we're gonna need a bigger boat! Funny and sounds like fun times. Congrats!
    I was raised by an old Cowboy, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
    X