Planning Trip 8/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Trip 8/20

Plan to hit Baby Bucs on 8/20. Anyone else going out? I'll be on Ch. 69-"Big O" and "BroBoat" will be tandeming also. Looking for dorados.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Yep, we goin outa FP early Saturday mornin. Sure would be nice to have the first calm seas mornin of the year but....I doubt it! Also hopin for a great day but will settle for just makin it back alive.
    I was raised by an old Cowboy, therefore I am.

Comment

MSTR:
      The forecast has changed-now showing 2.6' saturday am-dangit!!! That makes a slow ride out-spota calm down as day goes on-but that aint generally been the case over the last month-been windy in afternoons starting about noon, then dying down about 7:30 pm.

I bet you're headed SW or 32s or German C-we are hoping to run 35 miles to 350/383 area-about 15 miles east of Fogg-holler for the Big O on 69 if anywhere near us. We plan to target dodos, hope for ling and slimers-may drop a few lines for C&R snaps to see how smart the Gulf Council really is (actually, we already know they hate recs and punish us while Comms rape our areas/spots all dang year long).
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yepper, You can bet your barak it'll be too rough to run fast. We plan to head for Salvadore/Sunrise area. Good luck and a safe trip to you and your crew.

Comment

Jerry, we will be offshore off SLP running a charter with some folks, see you out there. I just got in from a triple overnighter, il post pics

Comment

Cool Robert-we'll be on Ch. 69-the Big O.

Comment

Hey fellas! How about a report???

Comment

Sorry Hydra Man but we had to stay on land and work. Next weekend will prolly be deer lease duty then maybe Saturday the 3rd will make it out. We have all new pumps now and the Furuno has been to the shop and given a clean bill of health.I and my crew are all chompin at the bit! Some of my guys went out this weekend with another guy for an overnighter and went to the intersection rigs area. They report that they caught lots of the endangered red snapper and quite a few cudas. They also hit lots of shrimpers but couldn't get their baits down past those pesky bonito and sharks to the blackfin. Hope I have a good report for y'all after our next trip. Good fishin to ya!

Comment

REPORT: Saturday was 2' on way out with short intervals-a little bouncy buit not bad. Hit GA 301-trolled and drifted-nobody home, moved out towards 350-lots of anchored and tied up shrimpers-stopped at first shrimper-remoras-nothing else. Decided to troll to 350 (about 1 mile) and halfway from shrimper kings hit-picked up 3, movbed to 350 and tried shrimpers tied up to platform-nothing, drifted and nothing, tried trolling and nothing. Decided to troll east-saw a log and trolled by with sardine and baby dorado rapalas-two hit-lost the one on sardine but got a 4# dodo, turned around and tried again-no real hits but chickens all around us so we loaded up on chicken dolphin. After about 20, we moved to 350C and tried trolling-again more shrimpers tied off platform-nothing under them so drifted and trolled-nada. Went back to spot I marked for kings and finished king limit. Headed in by 4. We had cleared Sea Isle at 7:20 am, so kind of long day. Brother followed me in grady-they did same as us. Beautiful water and laid flat as afternoon went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                    REPORT: Saturday was 2' on way out with short intervals-a little bouncy buit not bad. Hit GA 301-trolled and drifted-nobody home, moved out towards 350-lots of anchored and tied up shrimpers-stopped at first shrimper-remoras-nothing else. Decided to troll to 350 (about 1 mile) and halfway from shrimper kings hit-picked up 3, movbed to 350 and tried shrimpers tied up to platform-nothing, drifted and nothing, tried trolling and nothing. Decided to troll east-saw a log and trolled by with sardine and baby dorado rapalas-two hit-lost the one on sardine but got a 4# dodo, turned around and tried again-no real hits but chickens all around us so we loaded up on chicken dolphin. After about 20, we moved to 350C and tried trolling-again more shrimpers tied off platform-nothing under them so drifted and trolled-nada. Went back to spot I marked for kings and finished king limit. Headed in by 4. We had cleared Sea Isle at 7:20 am, so kind of long day. Brother followed me in grady-they did same as us. Beautiful water and laid flat as afternoon went on.
                    I'm thinkin it was a good trip, at least you weren't at work. The only thing I like bout work is the money I make so I can go fishin and huntin. Our trips are usually 16 hours on tha boat and I can tell you that I'm pretty much beat when we get in. Them dang chickens sure do make a mess in tha boat don't they!

Comment

Both boats were a bloody mess-and I forgot my deckbrush, so used a towel some. It was hot out there and saturday night we all hit beds around 10:30 pm. The water and gatorade were downed!! The chickens made the day-no ling seen, not even any little tunnys. Saw a 6' hammerhead tearing something up about 7 miles from pass on way back, so we pulled up to it and threw at it and chased/followed it-must have been full already-snubbed our sardines cast in front of it.

Comment

Thanks for the report Robalo! I'll be heading out both this coming weekend and Labor day, seas permitting. Finding those chickens did make your day. It's gotten to where kings just don't do much for me, unless I got some teenagers or newbies on board. Then, they are the best.

Comment

I like to hear the clickers singing, but as food, kings are pretty yucky in my book. I just enjoy getting out there, like you also. I doubt I'll be going this weekend, but hope to Labor day-if conditions are good then, maybe tandem or at least radio. Good luck Hydra Man!

Watch out for logs-not sure why but saw quite a few floating-most were about firewood size, but several could have damaged the boat or lower unit.

Comment

Where are the picks Jerry???????????????

You sure you didn't pick up that blood from Mark's boat?
                            sigpic

Comment

Brad: I always forget to take pics-even with this iphone dealie, usually end up with a short, jiggly video-called Operator Error or just ignorant of how to use this phone-prolly both and then some (beer?). Almost took Mark's boat since I overflowed the gas 3 times at marina while filling the tank of Robalo-thought the tank (which is 2 years old now) was leaking because gas odor was so strong-but I tested it by lighting a cig and it dint splode, plus pumped bilge and although gas smell, was slight film and not gallons in bilge-so we ran the garden hose and pumped about 10 gallons of water in bilge and then pumped that out Friday nite-Saturday am bilge was almost empty, so no influx of gas, so no leaky and we took Robalo out and it was fine. Sure was awfully nice of Mark to offer to let use of his boat-what a great neighbor!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X