Night time wade at Christmas Bay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night time wade at Christmas Bay...

I am gonna try my luck on a night time wade on the south shoreline of Christmas bay...I have never done this before and welcome any tips such as color selection or tactics for night fishing. Thanks

Bring a head lamp. Trying to land a topwater trout in the dark is pretty hard to do.

Comment

Dark Colors like rootbeer/chart, morning glory, plum/chart... etc Remember slow down and take your time...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the tips gentlemen...gonna give it a shot tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2wade View Post
          Thanks for the tips gentlemen...gonna give it a shot tonight.
          Well?I'm interested to know how you did last night.Please tell me you at least threw some topwaters(or that's all you tossed).
          TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Ended up with 2 keeper Reds and 5 Specks that ranged from 16 to 20 inches. As I was trying to use my phone to post a report last night via my Android and the "tapatalk" app, dropped my phone in the bay. Took a photo of my catch with the wife's phone and will post it up. This was my first night time wade and it was a bit different but I enjoyed the results. I don't have a boat so anytime I can walk in and catch 7 keeper fish I am a happy guy. Bone colored Topwater and Plum and Chartruese plastics worked well. Photos coming within the hour. Thanks for the tips Hogie70 and TTU Wader.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	night wade.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	555497 Last nights results at Christmas Bay...

Comment

Good Job
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

What time did you get started? Was the bite steady or did you hit em all at one time? Great job. Thanks for the pictures.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
                  "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Got to the bay at 11:00 p.m. and started catching fish at about midnight. The reds were the first fish and were caught back to back...the trout were steady ( about every 20- 30 minutes) in waist deep water over shell until about 2:30 or 3:00 a.m. Reds were caught on topwater and the trout on plastics. I enjoyed it but will not go by myself at night anymore.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	double reds.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	555498 A better photo of the Reds...notice my Daughter's "barbie" Chair in the background.

Comment

Great report and pics.Growing up thats what dad did so i have a love for night fishin.
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice job!!!!
                          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good job on the reds.

Michael

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X