Cool video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool video

I figure with all this cRAP being played on this site ya'll might want to know what real music sounds like

Here's a video of some good freeshafting shots along with Sweat by Tool (awesome band). Gotta love those stone shots. Can't wait to get out there and feed them some cold steel!

Video taken from Fishkilla productions

Yan, what kind of beginners rig do I need for spearfishing w/ a tank? What am I looking at? Set me up man!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Aside from all the normal SCUBA gear, you need....

-Speargun. I really like my Riffe MT4, but a JBL Gulf Magnum will be more affordable and still have enough power. Redo the line with SS cable if you are hunting around rigs. 400lb mono is safer and easier for everything else.

-Extra shaft if you are hunting around rigs, you will have a big fish wrap around a piling eventually, and you don't want it to be the end of your trip

-Knife, the Riffe knifes are good. Get one that can cut steel cable (rig hunting, again) and that has a sharp point to brain your fish so they don't come back to life on you (not fun with big AJs). If you don't have a sharp point one, you can buy an "iki point" which is just a sharp point for former purpose. I used a grinder to sharpen a small philips head screwdriver and it works well.

-Redundant knife or EMS shears. For rig hunting again. In case a fish wraps you around a piling, have an extra something attached somewhere you can access it if you can't get at your primary knife.

-Stringer. I like a cable stringer made from 400lb mono.

-Gloves. Your hands will get torn to #$!@ if you try to subdue a big fish without them. They don't call them gill rakers for no reason. Don't ask me how I know

That's about it. We need to hit it up this summer!

Comment

Im in, just let me know when yall are going and what i need buy/bring. Sweet vid Yan.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Working...
        X