Texas Fly Fishers' Mini Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Fly Fishers' Mini Expo

This event has become a standard for the club. I believe this is the 3rd year now. August 30th at the Bellaire Civic Center, the Texas Fly Fishers will again put on this Mini Expo.

This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get into fly fishing or learn more about the community in Houston.

There will be fly tying, and instruction for various aspects of the sport. Several cool demonstrations as well. Lots of great people who fly fish all over the world, the groups memebership is a wealth of knowledge.

I will be there doing a casting presentation and teaching the Essentials of Fly Casting, and of course talking about the Texas Fishery.

I hope to see a bunch of you out there for a fun and Free event!

Captain Steve
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Thanks Capt. Steve for supporting Flyfising with your vast knowledge & timely instruction.It has made me a better fisherman.

Skiffstiff

Comment

Thanks for the info, do you have a link for more info?
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
        Thanks for the info, do you have a link for more info?
        x2!
        I'm trying to get into fly fishing and I'd love the opportunity to get to this.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...d.php?t=364231 Found it.
          Today is a new day!!

Comment

Dawg,

Thanks for digging up that post. I stated it incorrectly. That is Bayland park in the Bellaire area. It's a large park with a community center for the inside presentations and great outside areas where I will be doing the casting presentation.

I got an incredible new toy ( Orvis Helios 8 weight) yesterday that will be with me, along with several other Orvis and TFO fly rods, for demonstration and test casting purposes.

Hope to see all of the gang there and especially anyone who is interested in getting into the sport.

Captain Steve

Comment

I saw you down at Orvis yesturday picking up your toy.
              Today is a new day!!

Comment

You should have said hello. Left there and stopped by to see the guys at I Fly. We added another great name to the list of fly guides on the Texas Coast recently when Jared Malone moved back to Houston.

Comment

Steve, I want to give that setup a try. I have been looking to upgrade my Bass Pro Shop special . We need to pick a weekend and try & get out after some fish we can take my rig or yours.
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                    You should have said hello.
                    I tried, but you were being well taken care of with your new toy. I was right next to you at the register. All I could see was that big smile on your face.
                    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Hard not to smile, that is one of the finest rods made. Got a new line for my 7 weight and picked up a couple spoon flies for the customers. I still haven't found a desire to tie with epoxy. I remember thinking that you looked familiar, but couldn't place you at that moment.

Coe,

I will have several rods there. I can help you pick a rod. Just let me know what you are looking for and what price range. I will have a couple of TFO sticks there as well.

Comment

Just placed my order for an 11 wt Helios. My new tarpon rod!

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
                          Just placed my order for an 11 wt Helios. My new tarpon rod!
                          I have a 11wt Orvis Mach Arbor reel on a T3 rod... Wanting to upgrade my 8wt though.
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Helios is a HUGE upgrade from T3. I have a t3 8wt I use as my back up rod. It loads quick, but is pretty heavy to fish with all day.

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                              You should have said hello. Left there and stopped by to see the guys at I Fly. We added another great name to the list of fly guides on the Texas Coast recently when Jared Malone moved back to Houston.
                              I've been wondering what Jared has been up to. I went to college with Jared and we had some classes together. Never knew he fished until after we graduated.

How do you like that Helios? I think I'm going to get either a 7wt or 8wt but can't decide which one yet.
                              Last edited by jpchavez23; August 26, 2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X