Social Security Disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Security Disability

This is amazing, the rate of people qualifying has doubled in the last ten years.

"Today, about 13.6 million people receive disability benefits through Social Security or Supplemental Security Income."
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Only a fool would not recognize disaster ahead. Add the burden of the illegal's draw on the system and....well I think most can see the train wreck comin!
    I was raised by an old Cowboy, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrelectricman View Post
      Only a fool would not recognize disaster ahead. Add the burden of the illegal's draw on the system and....well I think most can see the train wreck comin!
      10-4 we have got to make a change in a big way... I will be working until my death... Something has got to change & fast...
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

My back hurts from the surf yesterday-ohh, I see disability in my future!!! Where's the WIC Cheese? Who wants to trade some beer and cigs for some of my WIC cheese? I needs to apply for one of those $250,000 houses from Galveston Housing Authority (what a waste).
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

The levels to get disability are set to low. I was given a 22% disability from my accident & my doctor got me approved without me knowing about it. I could not return to what I use to do and declined the disability. I knew I could still work doing something. My doctor seemed upset that I refused. I think that the doctors try to get you on so they can keep seeing you & collecting money.
          Today is a new day!!

Comment

funny how so many people qualify for it.i tried to get it just temporary back in 1980.i had paid into the system 4 years already.i broke my neck and arm in a jeep wreck going to work 3 days after my 21st birthday.halo brace for 5 months,bummed up arm with a steel plate in it.they told me until i was down to my last penny to forget about it.good thing i got the OK to go back to work part time in the office.
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Yep NK, I worked all summer saving money and killing myself working so I could pay for college, so I could budget $300/month for rent, food and entertainment. Rent and electricity was $175, leaving me with $125 for food, beer and dates (yep, no Tri Delts for me-too poor for them). I met my wife in english class-she liked my paper which the prof had me read to the class-it went something like this:

December 5, 1975

Dear Mom:

Canned tuna was on sale last week at HEB for $0.17/can, so I got 20 cans and Ramen Noodles were $0.15 a package, so I got 20 of them. It's amazing how many ways you can fix tuna-and with the Ramen Noodles, who would have thought that two main staples would provide weeks worth of varied dinners, lunches and breakfasts, although the Tuna toast breakfast sandwiches are kind of hard to take after 4 days straight.

Yesterday, I stopped at the Goodwill Thrift shop near 5th and Lamar and got some Dickies Brand blue work pants in waist 26-my Levis in 28" waist seem to be falling off and since I forego underwear now since the waistbands rotted and the elastic band was no longer elastic, it probably wasn't pleasant for my classmates when I would bend down to get my book packpack (you know, the one I found near the MS bus stop by MOPAC that only had two broken straps).

I went by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services and applied for foodstamps last week. After reviewing my application, they denied it-they said you make too much money for me to qualify. I explained that I worked offshore last summer to save enough to attend school and that I support myself in school except live at home during the summer in your house so I could work and save enough money to have enough money to at least make the Fall Semester, but they said rules are rules and too bad my parents weren't dead, then I could have social security bennies and they'd even help pay for tutors in Calculus. I had a date last satuday, we went to Matt's El Rancho-I had one crispy taco and she ordered a chili rellano and a margarita (which took all my remaining cash) and then she saw a Pike fraternity guy-said he was her "brother' and left me at the table with just the bill.

All in all, everything is great.

Your son,
              Jerry

PS: send money ASAP.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
              X