8/19/11 - Ferocious top water action on surf 61st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/19/11 - Ferocious top water action on surf 61st

Posting this report a day late. Posting all pictures below.

Time: 7-9am
    Water clarity: Could see my feet! Scary for Galveston that I can actually see that far down - it's usually chocolate. Flat as a lake.
    Lures: All they would touch is the bone ss jr. Wouldn't hit any other color till the sun came out. Stopped hitting bone around 8:30 when the sun came out so switched to something with more chrome for the flash. All big trout caught on clown ss jr.

Report: Super clear water so went with the jimmy houston ss jr. and caught probably 10-15 throwbacks which were almost half the size of the lure before my first keeper. Lost two close to the net.

Switched to bone 30 minutes in and had trout blowing up constantly. A much different pace required though. They would ONLY hit the super fast retrieves with no pause - The water may have been so clear they didnt want to get a great look at it just reaction strike.

They completely stopped hitting bone ~ 8:30 am when the sun came out. Switched to chrome clown SS jr. and that flash in the sun was the ticket. Got blowups on nearly every cast from big trout. Weird that they would only hit the super erratic - pause for a second or two - super erratic retrieve when the sun came out. You couldn't get a hit to save your life on a fast retrieve. Hot sun may have been slowing them down?

Boxxed 2 big trout on the clown 23" and 24" respectively within the last 30 minutes and had to get out by 9 am.

Left them biting sadly and feeling like the water was good enough to get a limit on tops - wish I woulda stayed! Ended with 6.

Ended the night at House of Pies in Houston - I absolutely hate pie but every slice was heaven. The whole wall is filled with different flavors and it's home-made. Their breakfast is to die for - don't order dinner. Get the eggs benedict and chicken fried steak! Girlfriend got the waffles w/ strawberry and whip cream, side of bacon and eggs with an AWESOME milkshake!

Good luck and tight lines!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	8-19-11 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	880.2 KB
ID:	570091Click image for larger version

Name:	8-19-11 001.jpg
Size:	867.9 KB
ID:	570095Click image for larger version

Name:	8-19-11 006.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	570094Click image for larger version

Name:	8-19-11 011.jpg
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	570092Click image for larger version

Name:	8-19-11 009.jpg
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	570093
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

You learn something, put it into practice, learn from the experience, you gain wisdom! Nice report youngster!
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Wtg......very nice!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
        You learn something, put it into practice, learn from the experience, you gain wisdom! Nice report youngster!
        Yep if it weren't for you would still be messing with my backlashed baitcast half the time and switching out my lure every 10 seconds, ha ha...and I DEFINITELY wouldn't be throwin tops...thanks man. Gotta keep that lure in the water and keep chunkin till something works!!!
        I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Sounds like a great outing!

Comment

Excellent! Way to go UberMan!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report,catch and pics.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Told you that color was money!

Comment

Wtg!!!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

can't beat bone

Comment

Great report, thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                        Told you that color was money!
                        Ha ha...you're my boy deliver....FP10.

Comment

great report. slowing down or speeding up comes with wisdom. WTG. Lord Bless.
                          robert
                          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                          X