Surfside Jetty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfside Jetty

Went to the Surfside jetty this morning. Got there just after 6 a.m. with high hopes. I started out throwing a few topwaters while my friend started out with live shrimp. No action from either side of the jetty on my topwaters so I switched to shimp as well since my friend was getting some pretty steady action on his shrimp. Nothing much was biting except for those annoying ribbon fish, which seemed to be the catch of the day. I did finally catch a dinky little 4-5" perch, which I used for bait hoping to land something bigger. No dice there either.

We moved on towards the end of the jetty hoping our luck would be better further down. Saw one lady land a nice mackerel, maybe 24". Saw a couple of trout caught, and one decent sheepshead, but mostly ribbonfish all morning long. I saw one guy with about 20 of them in his cooler! Can't imagine what he was keeping them for. Heat finally drove us off the jetty around 10 a.m.

I'm thinking about wade fishing next weekend. I live on the east side of Pearland, I've only ever been once or twice and really need some good places to wade. Any ideas? Are the places just before going over the bridge on FM 332 any good for wading? What about areas on the way to Galveston, off of 45?

You might check into wading at Christmas Bay...it has great walk-in areas and the fishing (particularly Redfish) has been pretty good lately.

Comment

Thanks, luvs2wade. I'll check into it. Redfish are really what I'm interested in.

Comment

All of the photos you see of me and in my album are recent and from Christmas Bay...as of now I am a walk-in wader and concentrate the lion's share of my fishing there.

Comment

I just looked at your album...pretty nice catches. I'll have to give CB a try sometime soon. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Ribbonfish are good offshore bait! I woulda chunked one out there to see what would hit it!
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Try Drum Bay or CB.Also the 36 bridge,2004 bridge an bastrop bridge.MOB is good also for redfish
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
              X