Mullet Chasing (08/22/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mullet Chasing (08/22/11)

This probably is my last report for a while since school is starting and I am preparing for the PCAT. Anyhow, I fished the rock groin near the Flagship and had good blowups on a bone SS jr. Unfortunately, they were all small. By 8, decided to move locations since it was getting a bit sporty. Moved to a different area that was protected and found glass calm water. Once I got in, to my right I saw bait being busted. When I reached the area, the bait was gone. I worked my way down the shoreline and had some inconsistent but great topwater strikes. I picked off a 16 in trout. Then I had a fish tackle my spook and hook up. A few seconds later, I thought it popped my spook off, but apparently, it broke off one of the trebles. Switched to a different bone spook and had a few more amazing hits, including a vertical leaping trout. Uber and his friend then showed up and the busting bait came back. Wading over there, Uber picked off a 15 inch trout. We were keying in on nervous bait and slicks. Every few minutes the bait would run away. Then, Uber casted out into a small slick and a few twitches later, BAM. It sounded like a rock hit the water. 17 minutes in and the fish was still ripping drag and running. After the fight the fish surfaced as a ~33 in redfish. Uber tagged and retained the fish. Hopefully he can post some pictures.

Anyhow, this has been a great summer. I finally had an opportunity to learn top waters, and caught more fish than I ever had. I'm still aiming for a limit and a trophy to put on my wall. My chances are looking good!
    Resident Ninja

great report "J". look, aim, fire, catch. not bad. Lord Bless.
    robert
    And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Nice job! You & Ubermensch have really been hitting them this summer!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice work gents!
        Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Good work boys
          I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Wtg fellas!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Congrats J!

Comment

Thanks for all of your reports.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a lot of fun with you this summer J. Good luck in school and you better take some days off!!! Don't quit for good!

Like Kelly Slater said - it's like the mob once you're in you're in!
                  I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Will do!
                    Resident Ninja

Comment

I have enjoyed reading your reports and pics all summer.

Comment

good luck on your exam!

Comment

Good fishing !
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice report
                            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

dang kids....! LOL
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X