Derek's Carne Guisada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek's Carne Guisada

Carne Guisada is best described as a kind of Mexican stew that varies both in ingredients and in cooking methods, often depending upon region. This version relies upon slow oven roasting to produce a fall-apart-tender result.

· 2 pounds chuck roast, trimmed and cut in bite-size pieces

· 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour

· 2 tablespoons canola oil

· 1 large onion, chopped

· 1 cup chopped celery

· 3 or 4 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, chopped

· 2-1/2 cups beef stock

· 2 tablespoons tomato paste

· 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

· 2 teaspoons chili powder

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Place the meat cubes in a paper or plastic bag. Sprinkle the flour over them, close the bag and shake to coat the meat lightly and evenly.

In a Dutch oven or heavy skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the meat and brown quickly. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.

Cover the Dutch oven or skillet and place in the oven. Cook for 2 hours. Makes 6 servings
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Man that sounds good-was wondering how to make guisada-sounds pretty easy also!! Cool.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thats similiar to a roast and beans recipe I have Derek. I like the way this one sounds, and like Robalo said....EASY!

Dang...I'm hungry now!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

It is easy, one of those watching the ballgame while cooking recipes. The only thing you need to do before hand is swing by HEB and pickup some of their freshly made tortilla, 12 pack of Dos Equis Dark and some Monterey Jack Cheese then you are set.

There is a warning though, if you drink more than two beers before eating this it may induce orgasims.....
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
          There is a warning though, if you drink more than two beers before eating this it may induce orgasims.....

Whoa Derek, TMI...TMI!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Sounds great.... will save this one for later.

Comment

Very nice!!!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

you don't cook carne guisada in the oven!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  you don't cook carne guisada in the oven!
                  Sure you do......try it you'll like it.

Comment

making this now.scaled down version and a few things added
                    nk
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I cut the recipe in half and added a couple extras.Great stuff.Served over rice.Ill give it 2 thumbs up
                      NK

Comment

What were the extras? Might have to update the recipe, I'm always looking for improvements.

Comment

Red bell peppers(2),green onions(5or6) with tops and fresh mushrooms cut up(5 of the medium size).For the full size recipe double that
                          NK

Comment

Originally posted by nokatchin View Post
                            Red bell peppers(2),green onions(5or6) with tops and fresh mushrooms cut up(5 of the medium size).For the full size recipe double that
                            NK
                            The peppers and onions work, but I try not to put any fungus in my food... My wife loves mushrooms, so I might have to add them for her...

Thanks

Comment

Sounds pretty dang good!

Comment

Working...
                              X