X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typical Liberal Doombass

From today's GDN Letters to the Editor:

Treatment Of Prisoners Not Right

In response to the recent letters received, I would like to say that the Texas state jail I visited some years ago had no windows, and the main fan was broken (“Prisoners get more than their victims,” The Daily News, Aug. 20). There was little to no ventilation at all. There also were prisoners who committed nonviolent crimes warehoused in unventilated rooms with some violent offenders.

I agree air-conditioning all state jails would be expensive and probably unnecessary if the buildings had windows, working fans or some ventilation or air movement.

To repeat: The state jail I visited had no windows, the fans were not fixed and there was no air movement in the building at all. Warehousing human beings in the summer in those conditions is inhumane.

Paula M. Flinn
    Galveston

Unbelievable that this person worries about prison conditions when the offender didn't give a rat's butt about their victim-why are folks like her wasting air?

RESPONSE:

Ms. Flinn: So what if the prisoner that murdered someone is hot and sweaty. Personally, I hope they suffer many more pains than their victim did. The victim had no GD choice to be killed-the inmate had a choice and deserves the consequences of their action. I PRAY the US Fifth Circuit recognizes that and quits coddling prisoners. Ms. Flinn obviously has never been a victim of a violent crime and I hope she never is, but I also hope she sees that treatment of prisoners is a small concern when faced with other issues in life.

Further, as a response in the editorial today, a TRUE AMERICAN retorted that our fine US Soldiers serving abroad suffer adverse conditions each and every day-living in the heat of the desert, eating crummy prepared dried meals, sand everywhere, no a/c, no cold showers, no cable TV, no visitors from home, venomous snakes and spiders and getting shot at by terrorists each day.

Ms. Flinn fails to understand what US soldiers live through daily and concerns herself with "inhumane" treatment of prisoners-she obviously votes for Obama and is a bleeding heart liberal that cannot see past her own front yard. What a shame to have any US citizen such as her. I think she is an embarassment to the USA and our fine Soldiers of today and yesterday. I hope her cable and a/c go out-maybe then she will start to understand the sacrifices true Americans make for the USA.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

This is a true American and is a response to Ms. Flinn:

(Also from GDN):

Save Your Sympathy For Our Soldiers

I can’t deny it is probably extremely hot in prison, with only fans to move air, but that’s an oasis compared to what our troops endure. We have troops overseas, fighting for all of us, and many are housed in barracks that have air conditioning but seldom spend much time there. Many are on patrol, away from camp for more than 30 days at a time.

In the desert, there is no shade other than what your vehicles make, no baths other than a wipe down, no toilet facilities, no running water, no telephones, no television, no radio, no mail, no bed to sleep in and no air conditioning.

What you could have is rationed water, food in the can, souring heat closing in at nearly 140 degrees, venomous snakes and spiders, sand in every crack of the body, gear and body armor weighing more than 90 pounds, enemy attacks, the fear of being blown up at any minute or seeing a buddy die right next to you.

So, Ms. Paula Flinn, save your tears (“Prisoners are still human beings,” The Daily News, Aug. 16). Winter is approaching for Texas. There are others who endure real inhumane conditions; so cry for them.

Chris Hines
    Texas City

CHRIS HINES is a true Human Being. Thank God for people like Chris. Chris' response makes me proud and feel good that there are smart, caring and patriotic folks in the USA and hopefully the majority of US Citizens are behind Chris and not Ms. Flinn.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

No a/c or windows?????

Are you sure they werent talking about the County Clerks Deed Records Room in Willacy County?

Comment

I figure her pimp got busted for crack and she misses him. What a joke of a human being.

Comment

Working...
        X