Old Flagship/Scholes Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Flagship/Scholes Field

Entered the surf this morning to some beautiful, clean green water at around 615. Fished by the old flagship with not much action at all. Had 2 blowups total in almost 2 hours. Threw a lot of different colors and switched up the retrieval...NOTHING!!

Got in the truck and decided to go over to Scholes for the first time. I don't usually like wading new water alone but what the heck. Walked in to some really flat water and some bait movement. About 10 casts in starting having some blowups. Missed one really good blow up at first. Any who, kept walking out away from shore and the blowups stopped. I turned around and started casting where I had walked and boom, 18 in trout on holographic bone skitterwalk. After that started noticing some more bait starting to work, almost skittish. About 6 cast and that's when I had an even better blowup. Ended up being a 21 in redfish. After that the bite slowed down completely. Walked out at 1030. Not bad for about 2 hours. Wish I had gone there first. Well maybe next time.
    I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

I haven't been over there yet either. It seems to hold some promise.
    Way to go after them!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

It's really nice to get out of the surf. You can get beat up sometimes just to catch a couple of keepers. Seems to hold a lot of bait at times. Looking forward to getting back out there at daybreak and see what happens.
      I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Good report. Way to stick after it!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report(s). Let us know the next time you go out there. I can attest that places that people look over can always hold some promise!
          I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Thanks for sharing!
            Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice report. Thanks.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will def let you guys know. Looking for some cool people to fish with. Normally fish alone which is not always safe.

Comment

Originally posted by rscott02 View Post
                  I will def let you guys know. Looking for some cool people to fish with. Normally fish alone which is not always safe.
                  x2
                  Resident Ninja

Comment

x3! Even when I brush my teeth! LOL
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Looking forward to fishing with you guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X