LIES! Wade Report (08/24/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIES! Wade Report (08/24/11)

I couldn't hang my rod up just yet. My plans for the day fell through and I decided what the hey, I want to go fishing. Headed to the surf, and fished near the flagship. I need to say that the surf has made me think Galveston has been transported to some other location, because the water was a gorgeous green color. Walked in at 6:45 and had some blow ups on an erratic retrieve. I slowed it down and bam! I started catching those jack fish. They started busting up the mullet everywhere and I ended up with 4 or 5 of them to 15 inches on the super spook in bone. I wanted some trout though so I headed out to take a look at the other location where Uber caught his bull red. The water was again glass calm and it looked promising. I headed back to the surf met up with Bo near the flagship. We had nothing for half an hour and decided to go back to the other location.

Once there, we saw pods of nervous mullet swarming everywhere. Using the bone super spook jr. we went down the shoreline following the mullet. We would cast past the school and bring it near the edge and out. There wasn't a consistent bite, but the trout were there, and in my case- HUNGRY. All of my topwater strikes were super aggressive. It was an even better thrill since the water was near glass calm and then to see it explode in a rush of white water. They would literally smash the bait and then take off with it. It was by far one of the better top water days i've had with 5 blowups, 5 hook-ups and one trout coming off. Unfortunately for Bo, he had some blow ups, and one hook up but ended up with no keepers. I don't know what was wrong. I ended up with 4 trout to 18 inches. We had no more blow ups after noon and were out of the water at 1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	098.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	570116
    Resident Ninja

Good report. Hope that jelly sting has healed.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice. The surf was super pretty. I fished by the flagship today and had no consistent action at all. Ended up at Scholes.
      I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
        Good report. Hope that jelly sting has healed.
        It has gotten better but I think I had an allergic reaction to it. I am going to the doctors on Friday to have them take a look.
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice J.

Trout caught on SS jr. in bone?

Also, was Bo using the same thing that you were - if not - doesn't surprise me!! LOL

ps - Ur phone sux as bad as mine, texted u last night that my reels were not working and need 2 be cleaned. Finished them off this morning.
          I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by ubermensch1324 View Post
            Nice J.

Trout caught on SS jr. in bone?

Also, was Bo using the same thing that you were - if not - doesn't surprise me!! LOL

ps - Ur phone sux as bad as mine, texted u last night that my reels were not working and need 2 be cleaned. Finished them off this morning.
            Actually, Bo was using the same thing! We were both using bone!
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice J!
              Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Nice! Good to see you didn't quit fishing yet.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a great lure! Nice report!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Don't hang it up! You still need to sneak off every once in a while. Maybe once a week or every other week.

Hell.... Fall fishing is around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                      Don't hang it up! You still need to sneak off every once in a while. Maybe once a week or every other week.

Yeah. I don't think I will. I don't think I can! I am looking forward to the fall though!
                      Resident Ninja

Comment

dont know what yall are talkin about??Bone SS jr's dont even catch fish!!LOL
                        Captain Glenn Stevens
                        Coastal Guide Service
                        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Whaaa?! Like croakers? :P
                          Resident Ninja

Comment

Live shrimp only catch lady fish.... Ha
                            I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post

What's Fall ? I only know about 3 weeks of Winter, 3 weeks of Spring and 10-1/2 months of Summer....

Comment

Working...
                              X