Line????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line????

I've got a new reel and need to get it spooled up. What backing and floating line would y'all recommend? Don't want to spend a boat load of money yet as I'm still deciding if I like this or not......

Thanks
    Derek
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Cheape ande or equivalent mono(for backing) and Power Pro is what I use. As far as mono line, I like Berkley Big Game. I used to use Cajun Red Lightning Line and was happy with it but most of my friends didnt care for it.

M.M.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I think he is talking about fly fishing line. I forgot the name of the stuff that I use, it was fairly inexpensive. If you go up to ftu and talk to Andy Packmore he knows everything there is about fly fishing.

Comment

I don't get up to FTU very often, so I get I've got to make a run. Thanks
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
          I think he is talking about fly fishing line. I forgot the name of the stuff that I use, it was fairly inexpensive. If you go up to ftu and talk to Andy Packmore he knows everything there is about fly fishing.
          Oh yeah, I didnt never read what forum its in anymore. Sorry for the confusion. I know nothing about fly fishing gear. Disregard my post.

M.M.
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
            I don't get up to FTU very often, so I get I've got to make a run. Thanks
            Derek...hit Marburgers, they can hook you up with what you need. A little on the expensive side, but so is FTU.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              Derek...hit Marburgers, they can hook you up with what you need. A little on the expensive side, but so is FTU.
              Yep, Marburgers is where I get most of my fly gear, they got some great flies. From what I've seen all the fly gear available local is expensive......I might have to hit ebay....

Comment

Well ebay hooked me up for about $30 for both line and backing.......

Comment

Working...
                X