Scholes field 7/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scholes field 7/25

Headed down again for a quick trip with pops. I have to work later I must be crazy from saltwater absorption! Report coming later.
    I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Good Luck!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Let us know how y'all did... Any rain down there? We had some in Houston early this AM
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

1 trout @ 17 in at the very beginning. Had a few good blowups along the south shoreline where the grass grows in. Wind was in a total different direction. Overcast and now the rain is here. Off the water at 9... Oh yeah that wind seem to bring in a lot of ladyfish...

That is all.
        I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small baby bird will fall frozen, dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself...

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Its raining hard in LC right now....be nice if it would stay around all day.

Comment

Thanks for the report...I am thinking about heading to your neck of the woods this weekend. Never fished scholes field but plan to remedy that this weekend. Keep at 'em!

Comment

I just passes league city and it is storming. It needs to head to Houston. We need it so bad... Dangers I can't see anything in front of me.

Comment

Better luck next time! What color were you using?
                  Resident Ninja

Comment

Grab the wheel with both hands...

Comment

Purple and bone skitterwalk and bone with red face spoook Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2wade View Post
                        Thanks for the report...I am thinking about heading to your neck of the woods this weekend. Never fished scholes field but plan to remedy that this weekend. Keep at 'em!
                        I am probably going to go down there on Sunday morning. If you are heading down there that day maybe we can meet there and slaughter em...

Comment

We pretty much struck out in the surf east of the highrises in Galveston this morning also. Lots of bait in the water but we only caught one speck. Lots ot sandies and ladyfish showed up. The water was clear enough to see your feet from tits deep... and I'm 6'3"

Comment

Originally posted by Funk Shoal Brutha View Post
                            We pretty much struck out in the surf east of the highrises in Galveston this morning also. Lots of bait in the water but we only caught one speck. Lots ot sandies and ladyfish showed up. The water was clear enough to see your feet from tits deep... and I'm 6'3"
                            What were you fishing with?

Right now trout in the surf are acting very skiddish and we had to change up our baits pretty dramatically from what we were used to to start really getting them to take our tops.
                            I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

I threw soft plastics in 3 colors and tried a DOA shrimp under a cork for awhile. There were guys with live shrimp all around us and they were not hooking up either. I saw 3 trout come in all morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X