Offshore tomorrow??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore tomorrow??

Me and GF may head offshore saturday thru the Pass. Holler on Channel 69 for the Big O if you are out there-prolly run for kings and maybe dorado-not sure how far we'll go-maybe 350 area???
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

I might go look for tarpon tomorrow Jerry. Thinking about running from SLP to surfside jetties, and back.

Comment

just talked to Sfef84, we're going. I will be on channel 69 this time

Comment

Mona is sorta wimpin on me-but I think she'll go-says too dang hot-not if trolling!! What is your call sign? I'm Big O.

Also, what ya throwing (bait) at Tarpon?
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Just call montauk, we will be in the 17 Montauk. Using live mullet for bait, just gotta find the tarpon. probably going to fish the surf for trout as well

Comment

I dint go-wind kicked up, add the heat and no go.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              Mona is sorta wimpin on me-but I think she'll go-says too dang hot-not if trolling!! What is your call sign? I'm Big O.

Also, what ya throwing (bait) at Tarpon?
              Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              I dint go-wind kicked up, add the heat and no go.

You don't catch any fish on the couch

It was hot this weekend!!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yep-you're right about that!! I did run to the west wall Saturday about 3 pm-got pounded by waves-some nice slicks popping up, but couldn't buy a bite.

Comment

Ran out to 272 rigs Saturday morning. Strange WNW wind, was downright bumpy once we got out there and turned around into it.
                  Too rough to do much but troll. 3 kings and a large spanish trolling around birds and busting bait. Wind calmed down around eleven, Decided to head in and look for tarpon. ended up with 2 big jacks and a couple sharks. Sunday we bay fished under and around SLP bridge. 2 trout right away, then the tide slowed...added 2 jacks, 2 drum and about 10 ladyfish before the heat was too much.

Comment

Nice going Hydra Man. If I had gotten up and headed, likely would have seen ya. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra Man View Post
                      Ran out to 272 rigs Saturday morning. Strange WNW wind, was downright bumpy once we got out there and turned around into it.
                      Too rough to do much but troll. 3 kings and a large spanish trolling around birds and busting bait. Wind calmed down around eleven, Decided to head in and look for tarpon. ended up with 2 big jacks and a couple sharks. Sunday we bay fished under and around SLP bridge. 2 trout right away, then the tide slowed...added 2 jacks, 2 drum and about 10 ladyfish before the heat was too much.
                      Good job Mike. I've liked that boat since I got rid of my Hydrasport.....kinda starting to miss it now.
                      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I'll be sure to let you know before I sell it. I can't say enough about the ETEC I put on her 3 years ago. A total of 1 scheduled service so far and it starts at the first bump of the key, every time.

Comment

how much does it cost yall to go tarpon fishing usually always wanted to catch one?
                          75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

gas and bait for the boat (beer and ice also). Ya have to hit right conditions and right place at right time. look for them rolling in 20-50' of water along beachfront.

Comment

A nearshore Tarpon/Shark trip for me would be: 20 gallons fuel. $20 in bait. Food/Drink/Ice. Plus a fair amout of hooks and leaders with the sharks. Cost is not really a deciding factor. It's finding the right condtions, and having enough free time!

Comment

Working...
                              X