Surf'n Wade (08/26/11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf'n Wade (08/26/11)

So the Gulf of Mexico is officially a lake. Waist deep water and I can still see my feet. Where did Galveston go?! Anywho, got in around 7, which is late, but it's the fastest I can get there. Water is flat and bait was abound. I put on my helmet cam and wade into the surf. Video to come later. Few casts in, I nail a nice 17 inch speck on my trusty bone super spook jr. I figured today was going to be a great day. I hit a smaller one a few casts later. Then, I started catching bluefish. They were everywhere! After that, no more trout. I switched to a DOA shrimp and I lost one keeper speck. Then the next cast I had a bluefish bite off my line. No more hits afterward and by 8:30, I move to the flagship. Using a clown super spook and silver spoon, I had nada. By 9, I move again.

Next, I hit my favorite wade spot. There I met Bo and his girlfriend. Bo had some great blow ups but no hook ups. He ended up leaving because his girlfriend got tired. I gave him my speck to kinda make up for him leavin early since I knew it was going to turn on soon. I ended up following pods of mullet and picking off 3 trout including a fat 22 incher, all on the bone spook. The trout weren't as aggressive as a few days ago, but none-the-less, it was great!

I probably need to get to the surf wayyyy earlier in order to get all the action. This weekend is looking up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	071.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	570135Click image for larger version

Name:	072.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	884.9 KB
ID:	570136Click image for larger version

Name:	090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	570134
    Resident Ninja

Great report & nice job, jhua!
    I hope there are still a few left! I'm heading out Sunday morning to throw some tops & spoons.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I just realized that my helmet cam was pointed up most of the time! But, i'll post it anyways.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

nice pics & report, you should have brought the yak to the surf.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

I thought you had a job or school or something! Nice report!
          Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
            Job doesn't start till after labor day! And I dont have classes MWF!
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Bwahahahaha! Caught him playing hookie!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Get owned.

It's like the mob man when ur in ur in there is no getting out just give up.

PS - I am going tomorrow to the surf. If you go call me tonight or in morning.
                I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

I'll be there with a small crew in the am

Jared

Comment

Great job brother! You are getting to be pretty automatic with that topwater man!

Comment

Working...
                    X